• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BackStreetRacecars

2.1 Cam Problems

BackStreetRacecars

Just fitted a 2.1 8v to my car :wacko: , currently it has a standard 1.9 gti camshaft in it... i got a newman 295 for it but was wondering if anyone could tell me if this was any use, i know that with the engine having a lrger capacity bore/stroke that the cam could still not have enough lift/duration was thinkin that maybe a fastroad would be like a standard cam for it and a race effort may just be like a fast road... will i have to get one made especially?? ant ideas??

Richie-Van-GTi

try contacting petert as he can grind you one to your requirements.

Anthony

Newman doesn't list a 295 cam for the XU 8v engines - 280 and 300 degree are the closest options. The former should be acceptable with standard induction/management/ignition so long as you accept that the idle will be lumpy and low-end tractability potentially affected.

What is the rest of the spec of your engine and what management are you running? What bore and stroke are you running to get 2.1 litres?

BackStreetRacecars

It must be a 300 then... i'm going to put it on the project bit soon so just watch out for it!! 1989 non sunny 1.6!!

Sign in to follow this