• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SWINNEY

Oil Presssure Gauge And Misc Sensor

SWINNEY

Hi

I have recenty got my hands on a 1.9 CTI I have two sensor problems the first is I have a sensor that apears to have been disconnected it is located on the right hand side of the engine not far off the clutch linkage does anyone know what it is and why it would have been disconnected.

The second is my oil pressure gauge that has a mind of it own (I hope) on start up it sits in the red and after a while when the engine warms flicks about a bit before coming to rest at about 25 % ish is this bad or is it an istrument fault if so any ideas how to fix the problem?

Thanks Mark

Mikey S
Hi

I have recenty got my hands on a 1.9 CTI I have two sensor problems the first is I have a sensor that apears to have been disconnected it is located on the right hand side of the engine not far off the clutch linkage does anyone know what it is and why it would have been disconnected.

The second is my oil pressure gauge that has a mind of it own (I hope) on start up it sits in the red and after a while when the engine warms flicks about a bit before coming to rest at about 25 % ish is this bad or is it an istrument fault if so any ideas how to fix the problem?

Thanks Mark

the first one is probably likely to be the reverse light switch. it maybe that someone has forgot to reconnect it. iirc its a white 2 pin multiplug.

the second one is a question thats asked all the time. its usually down to dodgy french wiring. :wub: try a search on 'brown multiplug' that should give you some tips on how to sort it. i personally dont worry too much about the oil pressure gauge. as long as the oip pressure light extinguishes as soon as it starts its ok.

hth

mike

Sign in to follow this