• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Gti6 Engine Doesnt Want To Stop!

welshpug

finished bolting the last pieces of my gti6 ZX earlier,

flicked the key and It fired up :DB) very pleased as I hadnt a clue wether the ECU was unlocked or not.

then I came upon one problem, I turned the key to switch the engine off, and nothing happened :lol: it ran for 15 seconds before cutting out :blush: so obviously I still have spark with the ignition off, what could this be???? I'm thinking the ecu is still getting live?

I also need to figure out where the Lambda feed needs to be taken from, I know it needs to be a switched live.

Alastairh

Get the multimeter out and test the wires that you've converted to make the engine run, aka, ignition, constant etc. Should come clear!

Richie-Van-GTi

check the switched live on the large relay, Pin 14IIRC, if its permanent live then that will more than likely be the cause.

welshpug

thanks richie :lol: typical, just when I need a 306 wiring diagram my 306 haynes is in the back of my brothers DTurbo :blush:

Alastairh
check the switched live on the large relay, Pin 14IIRC, if its permanent live then that will more than likely be the cause.

Surely if that was the case then when he turns the ignition to crack the starter the engine would run forever, but it just cut out after 15 seconds?

Richie-Van-GTi

no the key would of cut the fuel pump switched live and hence it died as the fuel pump is on a different circuit to spark and injection.

craig f90

Sorry to interupt your post weshpug, but im having the exact same problem with my 2.0t. wired it in today flicked the key and vroom. went to switch it off, still running. Whhhhyyy??

welshpug

not had a pioke around as yet, but its the only thing I can imagine it being is the ignition switched and permanent lives being the wrong way round.

I'll probe the ECU plug with the ignition off tommorow evening, if theres power thats where I've gone wrong I reckon, I'll also know which wire to tag my lambda sensor feed to :(

Emyr
thanks richie :D typical, just when I need a 306 wiring diagram my 306 haynes is in the back of my brothers DTurbo :)

Now now, that's mine that I got off ebay...

So if it is a switched/permanent problem, why DOES it stop after 15 secs rather than carrying on til you unplug something?

Dream Weaver

As Richie says above, removing the ignition key cuts the fuel pump but not the ignition - fuel pump stops (in the tank), but the fuel from the tank to the injecotrs remains, hence why it still runs on for an amount of time as the unburnt fuel is burnt. The engine then dies when the fuel runs out.

Edited by Dream Weaver

welshpug
Now now, that's mine that I got off ebay...

no its not! where my one then!!!

welshpug

sorted!!! nada wrong with my wiring :D damned relay is stuck in the on position ;)

bloddy typical!!!!

feel like master switching it, probably cheaper than a £36 relay that I dont know if I can source elsewhwere :D

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this