• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daz205

Mappable Ecu Cost?

daz205

how much does it cost for

a) all the sensors ecu wiring etc

:blush: mapping on a RR

c) installation of a)

Richie-Van-GTi

Your question is too vague TBH. The unit costs anywhere from £150 ish to *insert insane sum here*

What engine and mods is it to run?

kate205gti

id say budget £2k?

Sandy

Usually around:

a ) ECU £550-600 and wiring/sensors etc £350-400

b ) £300-400

c) Entirely depends on the car/modifications etc.

daz205

sorry its a 8v 1.9 with 310 deg cam, knife edged and balanced crank, big valves, modded head, lightened flywheel, twin 45`s

MartinM

Megajolt with throttle position sensor will do you fine - £150'ish for all the parts, RR tuning the same as any other.

PM me for more details - I'm in Bristol as well (well pretty close to!)

daz205

sorry should have also mentioned that i cant get enough advance on the standard dizzy as well for peak, and also cant stop pinking at 1-1.5k, would a mega squirt sort this or should i be looking at a more comprehensive set up?

MartinM

Megasquirt is for fuel injection (it does do ignition control after a fashion, but it's not its main functionality) so not relevant to an engine with twin 45's at all - the Megajolt is all you need for fully programmable 3D ignition.

With a TPS fitted to your 45's, you'll be good to at least 9500rpm and you can program in 0 to 59 degrees of advance at any rpm and throttle position combination, which should solve all your ignition problems. It's a wasted spark setup so you can either remove the distributor completely or keep it for emergency backup (not that you'll need it!).

PM me....

Martin

Sign in to follow this