• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Roll Cage Tube Size?

chrisj21

Hi all, So as title,looking to build a roll cage but cant find any info on what size diametre and thickness of tube to use.

what have others used?

also where would be the best place to get some from and what grade?

thanks

Rippthrough
Hi all, So as title,looking to build a roll cage but cant find any info on what size diametre and thickness of tube to use.

what have others used?

also where would be the best place to get some from and what grade?

thanks

Depends what specifications you are building to, but generally, at least 2", CDS (clubman 500 spec), 2mm wall.

At the bottom end of the scale it can be 50mm square box, at the top - 3" chro-moly main hoops, continous mandrel rolled and tig welded by a certificated engineer....

chrisj21

Thanks for the reply,

i wont be entering any comps with the car so no specific spec to build to but car will be used for track but i want the cage to basically stiffen the shell as it will be attached to the rear beam and through to front turrets so i want something good enough to do the job.

what would a normal cage be? say safety devices?

Rippthrough
Thanks for the reply,

i wont be entering any comps with the car so no specific spec to build to but car will be used for track but i want the cage to basically stiffen the shell as it will be attached to the rear beam and through to front turrets so i want something good enough to do the job.

what would a normal cage be? say safety devices?

1 1/2" or 2" CDS steel.

Sign in to follow this