• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig f90

Wiring 2.0 Turbo Into 205?

craig f90

As most of you 2.0 turbo converters are aware, im utter useless and ask to many questions. So please dont laugh at me.

Ive searched for guidelines ideas on how to fit the turbo loom to my 205 loom with no success.

These are the wires i think ive sussed. Im using a 406 lump and loom.

Thankyou to sonosam who lead to the schematic diagrams.

Switched live CC01 (406) goes to switched live 2 (205)?

BM1 is constant live to ignition, Where would that live on 205?

Fuel pump 121 (406) goes to Fuel pump 76 (205)? which is the best place to join them before or after the brown multi plug?

(i would like to keep the brown plugs to put the 406 engine sensors to the dials.)

On the passanger fuse box 406 BM3 changes to BM32 goes into it as a constant live. This constant live should be on the 205 anyway??

CC03 goes into pass fuse box from the block connector, is this to fuse CC01 and also CC10 to the multifuntion relay?

co2m is the vehicle speed control module, that also goes to the pass fuse box.

Did you use the 205 pass box? Which wires can i safley tap them into.

Im confused, my head hurts.

Sorry if this post is stupid, im s**t.

craig f90
As most of you 2.0 turbo converters are aware, im utter useless and ask to many questions. So please dont laugh at me.

Ive searched for guidelines ideas on how to fit the turbo loom to my 205 loom with no success.

These are the wires i think ive sussed. Im using a 406 lump and loom.

Thankyou to sonosam who lead to the schematic diagrams.

Switched live CC01 (406) goes to switched live 2 (205)?

BM1 is constant live to ignition, Where would that live on 205?

Fuel pump 121 (406) goes to Fuel pump 76 (205)? which is the best place to join them before or after the brown multi plug?

(i would like to keep the brown plugs to put the 406 engine sensors to the dials.)

On the passanger fuse box 406 BM3 changes to BM32 goes into it as a constant live. This constant live should be on the 205 anyway??

CC03 goes into pass fuse box from the block connector, is this to fuse CC01 and also CC10 to the multifuntion relay?

co2m is the vehicle speed control module, that also goes to the pass fuse box.

Did you use the 205 pass box? Which wires can i safley tap them into.

Im confused, my head hurts.

Sorry if this post is stupid, im s**t.

Anyone?? please help. im confused, stuck, knackered. Edited by craig f90

sonofsam

Dont fret none mate, you'll get there in time :P

Does your loom have an inertia switch? Is the ECU unlocked or are you using all the keypad wiring?

Have a read through this topic : http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...hl=turbo+wiring

Constant live would either be your battery or the slam panel located fusebox.

craig f90

Hi sonosam, yes ive got an inertia switch fitted to my loom, and sadly due to it being a '96' a keypad is fitted. Ive seen a few posts discussing bypassing the keypad. To be honest i don't really care if its in or not, especially if that means less wiring :lol: I took your advice and removed the loom complete, apart from me stupidly cutting it before the speed interface module. Ive been reading through that post alot latley, some of it is very usefull. ive just gotta figure out how to install the passenger fusebox wires safley. Obviously ive kept the two Engine fuse boxes as it seemed to make sense to use them?? Especially the 50amp unit. I'm gonna have to put the loom back into the car today and just make sense of which wire would go where as it was in the 406. :blush: As you say sonosam it will be done in time.

thankyou for your help,

craig.

sonofsam

Craig, you should be able to find most of the wires you neeed to connect up to the 205 brown plugs , by using a multi-meter on

the injection double relay on the turbo loom and finding the corresponding wire's, and the pins you need to find are discussed in that link above I posted.

It's all there in the injection double relay and the pin outs for the ECU.

Good luck :blush:

Sam.

craig f90

Hi, got the car to run today. turned the key and vroom. The only problem is now it wont switch off at the key. We had to take the battey teminal off. Does any one know what it could be? ive studied the shematic diagrams but cant figure it out. the ignition barrel was working fine when the GTI engine was in, and the 406 stopped and started as normal.

This is so confusing.

thanks, craig.

sorry sonosam,

how do you figure the pins out? i havent been able to go any where to buy a multimeter. Did you remove the dirty casing from around the connector? Where would i find the pinouts for the multiplugs? i only have Shematic diagrams to work off.

Edited by craig f90

pug_ham

What happens if you stall the engine with the ignition on?

Is the fuel pump running constantly without even having the key in the ignition?

You must've wired the double relay incorrectly or the relay is sticking. What relay pin have you connected the switched feed to?

Un-plugging the double relay should stop it but also try removing the fuse for the fuel pump. It should stop after a few seconds that way.

Graham.

craig f90

Hi graham,

Ive installed it as it was in the 406 (i hope/think?). Ive connected the 406s switched live (CC01) to 32a via the looms block connector. From this block connector comes out a switched(?) live called CC10, (according to the xu10j2cte shematic diagram) this then goes to pin 2 of the double function relay. pin 8,14 and 15 to the relay are live? I didnt try to take the key out just turned it to the position where you can remove the key.

I'm absolutley rubbish when it comes to wiring. i havent been able to play with it until tomorow, so will try your methods and see what happens. many thanks and kind Regards,

craig

craig f90

:unsure: I mean pin 8, 11, 14 & 15 are constant live.

pin 3 is switched as is 2. sorry. That means my relay is knackered

Edited by craig f90

pug_ham

That sounds OK but pin 3 should be a switched feed from pin 2 & then from the relay to pin 27 on the ecu.

Pin 9 from the relay should connect to your fuel pump feed (switched to connect pin 11 to pin 9 by pin 2).

It looks on my diagram like pin 8, 11 & 14 are all connected with each other but pin 15 has a seperate wire from the battery distribution block.

That appears to be all the connections needed.

Graham.

craig f90

Hi graham, Ive got it all sorted now. i think? cheers.

pug_ham
Hi graham, Ive got it all sorted now. i think? cheers.

Ok, what was the problem? (if its fixed)

Graham.

Sign in to follow this