• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Bits For A Megajolt?

boldy205

Hi, i am currently collecting parts for my Megajolt setup and have seen on trigger-wheels.com a '2nd generation coil' using differant lead conections on the coil apparantly called 'pin in coil' (or something like that?) i presume so you can retain the standard MI16 leads? aneone had any experiance with one of these? If not what leads have people used on the 'normal' ford clip on type conectors as the MI16 has a very long connector on the spark plug and of the wire? Hope you get what im on about?! :) Thanks

Matt.

Anthony

Never tried it, but would early Ford Zetec leads fit? The early engines used the EDIS style coils, and should (I'd imagine) have a similar fitting lead at the engine end to what Mi16's and other 'valvers have...

boldy205

yea this is what i have been thinking, though like the thought of this other coil pack (so called 2nd generation, maybe a later zetec? anone know? and is it compatable?) which i think from the discription uses Std. pins out of the coil pack like the ones on the 205s dizzy,

Richie-Van-GTi

What set up are you using for tach signal? Are you going for the edis system? Personally I would look to run it with stock crank position sensor and then get a wasted spark coil from an AX/306 etc etc.

boldy205

its an MI16 in webers so using the stock parts cant be done. The crank position sensor needs a 30-2 tooth wheel (i think) rather than the 60-2 (i think) of the std MI. (although i would perfer to use the MI fly and crank position sensor)

pugrallye

oh you have to use the edis 5 setup from a ford, which includeds the 30-2 crank wheel, i cant see why you would have to retain the coil pack though as there are no major differences in resistances internally

boldy205

EIDS 5? thought the number refered to the No. or cylinders? As in i need an EIDS4?

Richie-Van-GTi

Sorry its megajolt not squirt . I thought you said megasquirt which can use the 60-2 stuff. Have you considered using MS? Option to run fuel at a later date that way :)

oliver17491

you can either get a map or tps versions of megajolt, map is for stable inlet flow and tps is for unstable inlet flow, with map you have to run a tube from the inlet mani to the megajolt box and it takes the inlet pressure with tps you have a throttle positon sensor on your carbs, throttle bodes etc. you can and what alot of people use is a ford zetec coil pack with wasted spark. also you can get ford crank sensors and the trigger wheels size needs to be as close as you can get to the size of your bottom pully. and to set up the pickup you will have to get the engine on tdc then have the crank sensor 90 degres after the magnet on the trigger wheel. hope this helps.

Edited by oliver17491

boldy205

yea, the set up isnt a prob. just wondering what ignition leads people are using? surely someone has run a MI on megajolt??!!

Richie-van-gti: I dont need the Megasquirt, got webers and love em. Plus i have already bought the Megajolt.

Thanks for the replies. any more about ignition leads?? :rolleyes:

pugrallye

sorry yes 4 was thinking of something else!

Jer309GTi

May as well grab a couple of Zetec leads next time you're near a scrapper and try them. Then I can use all you have learnt when I do mine :P

oliver17491

get some zetec leads and or some 205 leads and swap the ends over so you have 205 leads at the spart plug end and zetec ends on the other, you should need big uprated leads as its standard you only need bigger leads when you have a turbo and running high boost.

boldy205

i didnt realise you could change the ends? have you done this?

oliver17491

i havnt personaly but my mate has on his mr2 turbo he got zetec ends one end and mr2 plugs the other, but the leads are actually aftermarket MSD ones for a starion. you can mix and match them. all you have to do is unscrew the ends and if you have alook in the cap/plug you will see its got a fixed self tapper in it that simply just screws into the the wires inside the lead.

Edited by oliver17491

boldy205

yup all sorted now thanks, on to triggerwheels now to buy the EDIS bits!!

Sign in to follow this