• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtdog

Dashboard Conversion?

dirtdog

hey guys. just wondering if anyone has used other dashboards to fit in a 205..not just a 106 into a 205..anyone do anything crazy..i know they used porsche dashes with VW sometimes....

or has anyone just ripped out their dash and replaced it with a metal/fibreglass one?

do any opf the gti dashes come in black or are they all grey? i'm stuck with a brown dash :D

how on earth do you manage to get the entire dash out anyway?i can remove bits but not everything. thanks

Jrod

Ive seen a 206 and a corsa dash in them Id i remember rightly.

A few people have custom dashes made from carbon etc but from what I've heard these are very poor quality and aimed at being lightweight for a race/track car not for show.

Yes the Dash is available in black but only in phase 2 models.

You have to remove the scuttle panel and there are some nuts in there which hold it on.

BERTMAN

ive got a honda prelude dashboard in my room that i thought mite be quite cool, if somehow fitted into a 205... dont think ill bother tho!!

fencer

on cardomain there was one who had started to fit a 206 sash in the 205 but the page has not been updated. On ebay I came along someone who did a custom dash on his 205. it was horrible but quite original. ill post the pics when i'm home

jim205GTI

Not that i would do it but i've wondered with a bit of chopping that the 306 dash would fit in. Think it would suit the looks of the car better as its a bit squarer then a 206 one

Henry Yorke

I have seen a 206 with two podless sides to the dash. Also you used to be able to get T16 dashes, but these are mainly left hand drive.

fencer

here goes the pics I promised, as I previously said, I don't like it but it's original! :lol:

7a43_3.jpg

751b_3.jpg

708e_3.jpg

craig f90

Thats a saxo dash. Ive seen a 205 with a 206 dash in redline and at FCS. Had a 206cc rear seat in it too.

yorkshirekowboy
That is hideous. I'd be sick if I drove that. . .

my mate was doing work on the engine on that car, i have to agree it is disgusting, it has one rear seat, located in the centre!!!! :o:(

Edited by surferkid205

sutol
here goes the pics I promised, as I previously said, I don't like it but it's original! :unsure:

708e_3.jpg

post-9302-1189786071.gif

post-9302-1189786172.gif

Edited by sutol

Sign in to follow this