• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Crazy-legs!

Xantia Activa Loom Information Please!

Crazy-legs!

Im currently in the process of fitting a 2.0l turbo in my 205 but the wiring's got me stumped! The donor car was a 1996 activa and everything is wired in, but i cant figure-out the injection dual relay. Would anyone have a pin-out for this as i have a couple of diagrams but none of them seem to corespond with my loom! i've tried a seach already but couldn't find anything relavant.

Mikey G

I used the attached diagram for the conversion i did, but if i remember some of the wires were crossed, so i just laid the loom out on the bench and went around it with a multimeter and found everything by myself. Marked it all up and set out the wires i changed and it worked a treat.

post-9939-1188127174_thumb.gif

Crazy-legs!

Cheers m8, Did you have to use any of the immobiliser keypad or wiring, or get your ECU unlocked at all? I disconected mine with the engine running, then removed the keypad and ran a live to pin 27 when the engine was in the citroen which seemed to work. now the engines in the peugeot i cant seem to get any power to the dual relay. i've removed the inertia switch, and it seems that the switched live came from this to the relay. Does this sound right?

Mikey G

If you unlocked the ecu by disconnecting the keypad when running you dont need to do anything to the wiring to get the ecu to work, you can leave the wiring to the keypad completely disconnected.

The inertia switch interupts the signal for the fuel pump from the ecu, so if you short it out it should still work fine.

The switched live from your ignition goes to both the ECU (that pin 27) and dual relay, but you also need a permanant supply to pin 18 on the ECU as well as the dual relay.

Crazy-legs!

I dont supose you'd know the pin number on the dual relay to connect the switced live to m8? As i dont seem to have a pin 3 on my relay?

Edited by Crazy-legs!

Mikey G

According to that diagram i posted it is pin 3 on the dual relay, but i remember the loom i did there was something different, i think that side of the relay was ok and the problem i had was on the other side of it. Try pin 3 which also connects to pin 27 on the ecu.

maxi

There is no pin 3 on Marks relay. The wiring diagram he has tallys up with most things but the switched live is wrong. I installed the loom wiht Dan Taylor for him but unless the inertia switch was in the the switched live his diagram dosent correspond with what we have. In simple terms, I need to know which pin on the double relay is switched live....every single one of these looms I have done has been different.....

Maxi

sonofsam
There is no pin 3 on Marks relay. The wiring diagram he has tallys up with most things but the switched live is wrong. I installed the loom wiht Dan Taylor for him but unless the inertia switch was in the the switched live his diagram dosent correspond with what we have. In simple terms, I need to know which pin on the double relay is switched live....every single one of these looms I have done has been different.....

Maxi

Have you checked pin 2 to see if it 'rings' out to the other side of the inertia switch wiring, as this is how mine loom is set up. Although I thought mine was

from a 406, but know im not so sure, as you say, they do differ.

welshpug

the plug might not have Pin 3, but the relays are all pretty much the same, if you look at the top of the relay theres a diagram of the paths inside it.

PICT0052-1.jpg

Crazy-legs!

Right then. Ive sorted my dual relay issues, but now im having fun with the ECU pin-outs! Does anyone know if ALL Xantia's correspond to the diagram below, as i have also found a 2nd wireing diagram listed XU10J2CTE. Would this just be for the latter engine used in the 406 SRTI?

post-9939-1188127174_thumb.gif

pug_ham

Just checked through my Autodata & the Xantia 2.0Tfrom 1995-2001 all use Bosch Motronic Mp3.2.

406 with the XU10J2CTE also uses MP3.2.

Graham.

sonofsam
Right then. Ive sorted my dual relay issues,

Wich pin was it in the end?

Crazy-legs!

I think it was pin 2 in the end m8, I managed to get a wireing diagram frm Citroen in the end. After a bit of help frm an electrician she splutered into life wednesday evening! :)

maxi

:) Im quite looking forward to this making an appearence actually Mark! Will be good to see another 205 on the scene! Did you get your rear beam done mate?

Maxi

Crazy-legs!

Nah, not yet m8. Thats one of the next things on my to-do list!

Sign in to follow this