• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steely205

Xsara Vts

steely205

Guys, I have been offered a Xsara VTS engine for very little money, what other than the engine will I require?

Is there a method of disabling the immobiliser or will I require the ignition barrel?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Richie-Van-GTi

unplug the ecu with the engine running to disable the immobiliser, you will need, ECU, Loom, Relay, complete engine with top mount, all ancilleries and grab the downpipe if possible.

steely205

Cheers, only issue is it's in a breakers and all fluids have been drained. Will unplugging the ecu with the ignition on work the same?

welshpug

didnt think a scrapyard would drain the oil, either way I thought the ECU would unlock as soon as the ignition is on.

steely205

Thanks for that, I think it's the new disposal regs that enforce it?

Should I take the box too or stick with 1.9?

:)

welshpug

aaah might be then, all the yards around here just remove the engines pretty soon after they come in and drain the tanks by whacking them with a pickaxe and catching the fuel in a 25 gallon drum :lol

steely205
:) He is one of the more reputable breakers in the area! I'm sure the others are still using pick axe technology. LOL

28CRAIG
Thanks for that, I think it's the new disposal regs that enforce it?

Should I take the box too or stick with 1.9?

:)

Yes the ratio's are pretty much the same as a mi box and will suit the engine a 1.9 box is to long

Alastairh

I really enjoy my mi box on my GTI6 engine, as reccemended by Jonnie and Maxi who also have first hand experience with these.

The 6 engine doesn't need a really short box because of the torque to make a civilised everyday car, and mine really happily pulls and doesn't hesitate to go to 140 if you need it too...

steely205

Has anyone with a GTI6 running on std management extended the loom to place the ecu in the 205's location?

Alastairh

No. The VTs/GTi6 battery box with the ecu box sits in the bay rather snug.

You may need to to exstend the main part of the loom with the sensors though (the part that runs the 205 2 brown plugs :) )

Alastair

Sign in to follow this