• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

More Clutch Problems

AdamP

Got the new clutch in my RG, put it all back together, adjusted it up and it was perfect! Biting nicely, not slipping at all etc etc.

Then last weekend we took it to the Retro-Rides show and after 2 runs on the sprint we noticed that the gears were starting to crunch slightly on changes and it was difficult to change. I thought it miht just need some adjustment, so adjusted it and left it a bit. When we came to move it at the end of the day the clutch pedal went straight to the floor, which we thought might be a broken clutch cable or something, but a bit of investigation showed that all the clutch cable mechanism is fine. It also appears to now be leaking a bit of gearbox oil but i havent been able to investigate due to being stuck in bed with tonsilitis!

Any ideas? Box out again?

Sandy

Release bearing slipped off the fork possibly. Damaged springs.

AdamP

Release bearing slipped was my first thought as well, or a snapped fork.

Looks like the box is definately coming off again!

steve@cornwall
Release bearing slipped was my first thought as well, or a snapped fork.

Looks like the box is definately coming off again!

Bellhousing bolts still tight?

Grahamrally

As said above really, if the gearbox bolts have rattle loose a bit then you'll gradually get loss of clutch. That's easy to check, next thing is box out and check the release bearing! Bummer :)

AdamP

Belhousing bolts are still tight. It's all coming out again this weekend, and the driveshaft seals will be changed as well as they seem to be leaking.

Unwelcome set back.... :)

Sign in to follow this