• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Would This Setup Be Any Good?

Atari Boy

I have found some a Bilstein shocks and Ventura lowering spring kit for sale on eBay.

It looks too good to be true. Is it?

Would it be any good, I use the car as a weekend toy and looks as though it will spend most of its time on the track.

Any experience or feedback would be appreciated before I part with my hard earnt.

eBay

Thanks

Jonny

maturin23

do a search for streetline - you'll get plenty of info.

In short they are worse than OEM. The rear shocks are so soft it completely ruined the handling of the 205 - I go as far to say as it was dangerous.

It IS too good to be true - don't waste your money

welshpug

not a bad price, same as ECP do them for (the BIN price anyway) but they're the streetline kit so the rears arent the best.

i've got that kit on my 205, springs seem good with a nice drop which isnmt excessive, but I havent driven another 205 to compare it to.

danpug

I ran the streetline fronts with eibach springs and they fine imo. I have heard other people comment on how soft the rears are though.

Pugnut
I ran the streetline fronts with eibach springs and they fine imo. I have heard other people comment on how soft the rears are though.

ditto,also the rears are too soft . best to go oe or avo, koni etc with them and you would have a good handling road car

C_W

How exactly do they measure a 25 or 40 millilitre drop? :(

Alastairh

People generally happy with the Sprintline rears?

welshpug
How exactly do they measure a 25 or 40 millilitre drop? :P

with a tape measure :P

People generally happy with the Sprintline rears?

seems to be so, definitely the ones I want to try :(

RossD
with a tape measure :)

With a measuring jug morelike :)

Miles

As said there has been many a post about the Streetline rear's being dangerous in my opinion, front's are fine and the springs average, Eibach spring's are the best but at a price

It's Just GTi's selling those, so you should find them cheaper

oliver17491

i have Spax RSX Rear Dampers and they have adjustable damping, they didnt cost alot and they go from being nomal 205 gti shock strength to very hard when fully adjusted. hightly recommended

Sign in to follow this