• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Gti6 Loom, Plug Identification

Richie-Van-GTi

Making a loom up for a fellow member but theres no wire numbers (bloody typical) and the loom is a slightly different layout to mine. Hoping you kind people can tell me which plug is which to make sure I get it totally right. I should have a few correct, just needing clarification

http://www.pgacnortheast.co.uk/mofo.jpg

1 - grey 2 pin plug

2 - grey 3 pin plug (possibly crank sensor)

3 - green 2 pin plug (ECU temp sensor)

4 - Brown 2 pin plug (coolant temp switch)

5 - Blue 2 pin plug (coolant temp sensor)

6 - Blue 2 pin plug

7 - Green 2 pin plug

8 - Blue 3 pin plug

9 - white 2 pin plug

10 - Green 3 pin plug (knock sensor)

11 - Grey 2 pin with only one wire (oil pressure switch)

12 - Brown 2 pin plug

Also can anyone confirm what this plug is for?

http://www.pgacnortheast.co.uk/mofo1.jpg

welshpug

last pic is lambda sensor.

easiest way I found of id'ing plugs was to juust plug it all up to the engine, most plugs will only reach one sender, and if they reach 2 they dont usually fit 2.

crank sensor will be the shielded wires in a 3 pin plug, so thats No2

3, 4 and 5 are correct, 4 is the bitron sender, not needed for a 205.

6 IIRC is the PAS pressure switch

7 I'm unsure of.

8 ditto! this may be PAS pressure switch and 6 reverse light??

9 IIRC goes to the alternator

10 looks like the knock sensor, is it shielded?

11 is oil pressure (switch I'd imagine, as only P1's used the sender for a gauge)

12 is EVAP solenoid.

hope that helps! there should be wores on there unless it came out of a citroen though ?? I found that sometimes the number was only on one end of the wire...

Richie-Van-GTi

Checked both ends, only numbers are relating to the type of wire, IE most of them are the same. Thats a big help though, it means I can rule a few of them out, most of them will be wired direct to the ecu anyway, its just for the few wires I have left hanging around that Im unsure of but know they are related to the guages somewhere.

sure 9 isnt the reverse switch?usually white arent they?

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

Richie-Van-GTi

Just realised, theres no TPS, map, intake temp, IAC etc etc. Maybe they were further along the loom at a part I dont need to touch :(

Richie-Van-GTi

right, got all of them sorted apart from 3 plugs

plug 1, this has a grey wire running to it that also goes to pin 2 of the relay (maybe the switched live?)

plug 7, this has a green and a yellow wire to it, possibly the oil level sender?

plug 9, this has a brown wire and an earth, no idea what it goes to.

welshpug

9 does sound like reverse, usually covered in oil/crud!

I'll be back in 5, gonna take some pics of my loom...

Richie-Van-GTi

the reverse was on another part of the loom, not pictured, it branches out the loom along with the various plugs around the throttle body etc.

welshpug

aaah, gotcha.

just remembered I made a hybrid loom so all my dash senders are the original ones, so not much use to you!

plug 8 is the cam sensor.

plug 1 isnt used, plug 2 is for the map sensor.

7 I think may be the T/B heater.

not sure about 9.

can you pin them out to the round plugs?

welshpug

I would link some pics byut Pbucket is up the spout at the moment.

Richie-Van-GTi

cant pin them out as I took the round plugs off to start splicing into the 205 loom. Heres a list of what I have so far that isnt part of the ECU stuff as all the ecu stuff is connected directly to ecu and doesnt need touching.

Oil temp sensor

Oil pressure switch

Knock sensor

Alternator (both wires)

Starter solenoid

Reverse switch

Speedo signal (wont be needed)

Tacho signal

Fuel pump live

coolant temp sensor

From my calculations that means it just needs oil pressure signal for the 205 guages, Im guessing plug 7 is definatley the oil level as when I lay the loom against my car its in the right place so there wont be any need for it in the 205 anyway due to lack of guage. I may use this for oil pressure instead and let the owner put whatever connection they need for whatever oil pressure sender they have, unless the 6 engine has one fitted? Mine doesnt but mines only similar to a 6.

The big concern is the lack of a switched live, should it be this grey wire from the relay to that unused plug 1 and also to pin 2 on the large relay?

Richie-Van-GTi

My bad, that grey wire goes to pin 14 of the relay which is switched live :( , Last question, I have one wire from the lambda plug doing nothing, at a guess its switched live also can you confirm this?

welshpug

I'm pretty sure pin 2 of the relay would be the switched live, theres a diagram that suggests so on the top of the relay :(

apologies if these are a little large...

12524PICT0047.JPG

welshpug

yep I'm pretty sure Lambda has a switched live, 2 signal and one earth.

9 is Oil temp! just remembered that bugger, I used My ZX's original wire there.

this is my T/B heater, ignore the plug some muppet damaged the original when changing the rad I think! but you can see the grey wire and a yellow/green earth.

12524PICT0048-med.JPG

I think you're right with plug 7, the GTi6 although it doesnt have a level gauge does have the sensor on the block.

Edited by welshpug

Richie-Van-GTi

yeah they are part of the untouched bits, IE direct to ecu. Its just that lambda wire now that is the issue. Its a single grey wire hich I would guess is switched live also, It doesnt show on any wiring diagrams I have from autodata, they only list a twin lambda set up but from that it seems to be a switched live.

quick edit, beat me to it. Switched live :(

Shall get this loom splice up now I know whats what.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

BuD
the GTi6 although it doesnt have a level gauge does have the sensor on the block.

Both p1 and p2 gti6s I have owned have had them. The sensors are on the front of the block and the guage in the car is integrated with the oil temp guage and gives a reading on startup. Often broken tho!

I can take some pics tommorow also if there are any still needing identifying

welshpug

aaah same as the 2.0 Mi16 and ZX16v then, i did wonder, though they are fitted in different places!

same as you though I'd never seen it work on a 306 :)

Richie-Van-GTi

since the 205 doesnt have a level guage Ive taken the wire from the plug it used to feed an oil pressure guage, Will leave it to the owner to decide which oil pressure guage sender they are going to use and where they will fit it. I think the best way forwards is to use a T piece where the oil pressure switch is and fit a 205 sender in there. That way it is in synch with the guages

pug_ham

This topic has made me get my Gti-6 loom out & go through the plugs on it to find out what goes where.

Most of the ones mentioned above numbered from Richie's picture match up on my loom except for;

• #5; on my loom its for the PSP. one pin goes to ecu plug pin 14 & the other to the main engine earth terminal
  • #6Engine temp sender, I've removed this as it only went to one of the round plugs but I'll be wiring it back in when I fit the loom.

Working along my loom from the ecu plug I have;

• Double relay.
  • Fuel pump inertia switch.
  • Lambda plug
  • Main earth terminal.
  • CAS.
  • VSS.
  • Branch off for coil plugs.

Then it branches again which is where the loom runs to the two round plugs.

Along this run it splits off to;

• TPS, white three pin plug.
  • IATS, grey two pin plug.
  • Yellow two pin plug which I guess is the TB heater as it has no connection to the ecu.
  • PSP, blue two pin plug.
  • Starter solenoid ring terminal.
  • ICAV, black four pin plug.

I also have an odd white two pin plug which is wored to the round plugs & I guess is the reversing light switch.

The continuation of the main loom from the ecu is;

• ECT, green two pin plug.
  • A blue two pin on which both wires run to the the larger round plug & a brown two pin plug which both run to the smaller round plug. They have no input to the ecu, these are the Bitron imo.
  • MAP sensor, grey three pin plug.
  • the same two pin black plug which on mine was tapoed up so i agree it is unused. Both wires run to the larger round plug.
  • Next set of plugs are the four coil pack plugs, all black two pin.

The end of the loom& the remaining plugs are;

• Knock sensor; green three pin sheilded wire plug.
  • Alternator ring terminal & field wire. (also main ecu feed from larger ring terminal).Cam position sensor, green three pin non sheilded.
  • Ath the end of the run is the Evap cannister plug, brown two pin.

I also have a random damaged white two pin plug which has a yellow with green stripe wire that is joined with the main engine earth & a brown wire that runs to the smaller round plug. Unsure what that might be. I can't find a number on the 12" run I've uncovered on the brown wire but the earth is numbered 2627.

I've already split the rev counter, K light, fuel pump, alternator field, starter solenoid & main relay switched feed wires from the round plugs so I just have to find an engine now. :rolleyes:

Graham.

post-71-1188517410_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this