• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gibbo GTI

Amk Driveshafts

Gibbo GTI

Is anyone using AMK driveshafts? Have done a search and there's not much to go on. I need to replace the drivers driveshaft as there's loads of play in the intermediate bearing. My local motor factors has 1 in stock at £50, quite a bit cheaper than GSF and lots less hassle returning it for surcharge refund.

bobbbette

pal runs a garage. they fit AMK driveshafts to various things. says they are fine. seem good quality at a cheap price. don't get many warranty returns.

Gibbo GTI

Cheers mate, thats the sort of reply I was hoping for

Baz

I have some AMK Re-manufactured Brake calipers, they did a top job of de-corroding and re-plating them etc, and most importantly work really well so far. :)

saveloy

Oh dear! :)

I fitted an AMK shaft a few months back and it began to seep oil from the seal. I replaced the seal and had no joy, it still weeped. My local auto factor replaced the shaft under warranty. It's replacement did exactly the same thing within a fortnight. I came to the conclusion that AMK must machine the shaft shoulder to remove any marking/burring/whatever. And in doing so create too small a diameter to make a good seal.

I bought a GKN/LOBRO shaft in the end and that has been completely fine.

BuD

I bought an AMK shaft for the 306 and it was markedly thinner than the standard one, obviously I didnt fit it, when I took it back they ordered another and it was the same!! The guy said thay are 'supposed to be like that'. Got one from Pug in the end.

Gibbo GTI

Thanks for the replies, due to time & cash constraints I ended up going for the AMK, hopefully it will be ok. Will let you know.

Sign in to follow this