• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wolfie 67

Trim

Wolfie 67

Ok chaps and girlies i need help.....!

my car as been off the road for 5 months and my back and front bumpers look very bad, and i was wondering what u all use to bring the colour back im not sure if the trim is black or a dark grey so pley help cheers.

Atari Boy

I have used Autoglym's green snot and it has done the business for my trim, it looks much better.

I asked the same question and was told to try the same stuff.

Don't worry, I don't work for Autoglym, even though it may sound like I do.

danpug

Autoglym for me too. Last for ages normally, pain in the ass to apply imo but after a couple of applications your bumpers and trim should look lovely.

Edp
Wolfie 67

Opps sorry all :)

marsy

Haha this just what i came on here to find out myself, think ill pick up some of that autoglym tomorrow! I now its probily been bought up in the other threads and im being lazy lol, but could you use this stuff on the spolier? or do you guys have any suggestions what to use on it. thanks

Wolfie 67

Ok chaps after nearly every1 recommended (autoglym bumper) today i went to my local car accessorie shop and told him what i was after, for some reason he asked what i wanted to do so i we went outside the shop and i showed him the back and front bumpers which are the worst and he said (autogylm bumper) wont be much good, so i said what do u recommend and he said (simoniz back to black) so i brought it got home and started using the stuff and tbh its rubbish hasnt done a thing, so again im back here but this time with a couple of pictures of my bumpers which like i said are the worst bits on my pug, so again please help.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2891/photo0001ei9.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1069/photo0002ge5.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7961/photo0003mh7.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5460/photo0004we4.jpg

cheers all

Wolfie :)

danpug

marsy, i doubt very much it would do any good on your spoiler, best to remove it and paint it with something suitable instead.

The guy who told you to buy back to black clearly hasn't used autoglym before! Your bumpers are fairly faded but i reckon bumper snot would help massively, especially after being applied a few times.

damien

f-ing hell they are bad, have you tryed paintshop pro?

i think the best thing you could do is paint them

marsy

Yea i found that autoglym green stuff really good! It was alot better than when i used back to black.

GLPoomobile

f*** me! It's not normal for bumpers to go THAT bad after 5 months. Do you get acid rain where you live or something? :)

Are you sure they hadn't been painted previously and now it's flaking off? Cos it doesn't look like fading, more like a darker top coat that has peeled away to reveal a faded PH1/1.5 (i.e. grey) bumper underneath.

No amount of trim products are going to sort that out :P

B1ack_Mi16

Just rub it a little with scotchbrite, clean with silicone remover, apply plastic primer and then apply 2 component matt black color with a spraygun.

Should do the trick.

gti_al

I found the vinyl dye thing works really well, so that i would start there. Bumper snot or whatever won't fix anything that badly damaged.

Yesterday i wanted to touch up a couple of bits of trim (i got polish on them), so had a go with whatever i could find. I started of with a matt black, and really lightly went over it with some gloss. The texture is much better than the dye, but it is much more time consuming to apply. From a distance it looks the same anyway.

Two years after doing the trim it still looks as the bits i did yesterday, which is impressive.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/al_/205trim4.jpg

craig f90

They look as if they have been sprayed to me too. Halfrauds sell bumper paints, its up to you which colour you use. Grey/black. use a green scouring pad from the kitchen and a bit of washing up liquid in a bowl of warm water to remove silicones like that back to black, which is is utter s**t. the front and rear bumpers are fibreglass they were painted with textured pain from the factory so wont need a plastic primer. The arches are obviously plastic, i used loctites (clear in colour, like a glue i suppose) contact adhesive in a yellow can, from halfords again. Just make sure they are keyed well first. If you dont want to go to to the effort of painting door and arch mouldings use the autoglym. works a treat on my bruvs phase2.

Sign in to follow this