• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waynerrr

Cti Rear Window

Guest Waynerrr

When I bought my CTi I did so with the plan to replace the whole roof. The back window is frosted up and has ripped in the heat. The roof itself isn't too bad, just a few very tiny nicks, it's still completely water tight. With that in mind, I don't want to spend the sort of money it takes to replace the whole roof. Is there a way of replacing just the back window? Has anyone done it before?

I might be planning on selling it so a cheap fix would be ideal.

Super Josh

I'm not really up on CTis, but I thought that the rear screen just zipped in place? Or is this only on 3rd Party roofs? Maybe Ebay is your friend :)

Josh

Miles

Yes you can just replace the back window, It's zipped in at the side's and held on above the boot

Guest Waynerrr

I just spotted that, I think it's velcro. Will have a better look when the rain holds off. Thanks

Paintguy

Yep, having assisted in removing and refitting one lately, I can also confirm that the rear screen portion can be removed by undoing the velcro and zipper around the top and sides. It then hooks under a bar at the bottom, held in place by 6 or 7 bolts. These bars have a reputation for rusting badly, so take care when removing it, as I'm told they are ridiculously priced!

steve@cornwall
Yep, having assisted in removing and refitting one lately, I can also confirm that the rear screen portion can be removed by undoing the velcro and zipper around the top and sides. It then hooks under a bar at the bottom, held in place by 6 or 7 bolts. These bars have a reputation for rusting badly, so take care when removing it, as I'm told they are ridiculously priced!

This is the bar in question! Access the retaining bolts by removing the parcel shelf, followed by the trim behind it, held on by 3 or 4 press in "poppers" The white plastic bit on the bar is where the self tapping screw holds the corner of the hood in place, so must also be removed. Now its just a case of un zipping the top of the screen from inside and releasing the velcro from the sides of the screen panel to the roof lining.Hopefully the black pvc has not gone brittle, or it may all crack apart :)

If you have a sailmaker or tent / awning maker locally, you may be able to get a piece of clear stitched in, rather than pay around 150 for a new panel.

DSC00188.jpg

Edited by steve@cornwall

Sign in to follow this