• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Yet More Mapping Questions

Richie-Van-GTi

OK, I now have the beasty up and running, she will idle pretty damn well and rev but after around 3k it gets real lumpy and slow to rev as though the fueling is all over, my best guess is though its going to be spark advance's. I know sandy and peterT gave me a rough guide on what kind of spark advance to start with so I need to know if it is the spark advance causing this should it be more or less advance? Id hazard a guess at more since it seems to get richer and from the clouds of reek theres plenty of unburnt fuel. Also when creating my 12x12 table of spark advance how should it 'Pan out'? If the table is TPS on the Y axis and RPM on the X axis should my 'ideal' settings follow up diagonally so as rpm increases and TPS increases so does the advance? If thats right then how should it kind of follow vertically if you know what I mean? IE if for example rpm=4000, TPS=140 and spark advance =24 , what then would be above and below IE TPS=130 for sam RPM and TPS=150 at same RPM.

Better still does anyone have a spark advance table I can look at?

Thanks

Richie

Sandy

What's the Lambda doing?

Richie-Van-GTi

lambda is reading pretty rich at idle at the moment as I need to play with Req fuel, once its cracked open though it trys to read around 13.8 ish but it fluctuates as though the signal is being messed about with which I think is masses of unburnt passing it. the fact it trys to hover around that region though suggests the fuel amount is correct, its just not getting burnt fully. Or maybe Im totally misinterpreting it.

Sandy

Wideband or narrow band Lambda?

Richie-Van-GTi

wideband, innovative lc1

vern

Have you done a calibration on the wideband as this caused all sorts of silly outputs on mine, make sure you do it with lambda sensor in free air. Or do it after car has not been run for a several hours, if you leave it in the exhaust.

Another favorite of the innovate, are the earths correct?.

Sandy

Could be a bad interpolation between sites, make sure the map's "smooth". It's almost impossible to advise like this though. It might be going seriously lean.

Edited by sandy309

petert

Don't worry about the ignition until you've got the mixtures sorted. Even run a flat 25 degrees everywhere if you like, just until rough get the mixtures roughed in. After that, then start on the ignition table and readjust the mixtures as necessary.

Richie-Van-GTi

The lambda was calibrated as per instructions in open air, IIRC its 20 secs without it connected to lambda probe then 2 mins connected to probe. Both earths are on one ring terminal connected to a good chassis earth on bottom of the steering column.

If anyone has experience with the LC1, theres 2 extra outputs that look like audio connectors but it also came with a lead that looks as though it would connect the 2 outputs together, does this need anything doing here? IE should they be connected together. The instructions are a bit vague in places.

Thanks

vern

Those audio style connectors do need something doing with them, cant for the life of me remember what though will check in a bit, I know one has a terminater plug fitted. Have you tried the innovate forum very good for setting up etc, the Innovate is good but is very critical of setup.

I would suggest doing a calibration even if you have done one recently, I had to mine very soon after instalation as getting very sketchey results.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/index.php

Sign in to follow this