• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bonzai

(re)fitting An Eggbox/pugsport Type Baffle

Bonzai

is there a secret to fitting the baffle? At the moment it seems it would slip over the oil pump were it not for the gearbox casing being in the way slightly. I opted to take the pump off to remove the baffle, but i think it will be a major task to refit the pump and its little L spacer at the same time as trying to get a good rtv seal on the baffle. :)

Answers on a postcard please :(

pee vee

hmmmmm.. might have to do something a bit exciting when putting it back together? like pulling the box and engine apart very slightly??

or could you buy a gasket. and just put the extra 2 holes in it needed to fit the skirt/spacer and the baffle?

you might even need 2 gaskets

one between block and baffle.

one between baffle and skirt/spacer??

then just seal the sump onto the bottom of it all??

think you will get sealer everywhere other wise. lol

Bonzai

the search engine revealed that 4 well known pug expert companies all say sump gaskets arent worth a wotsit, so im definately using the RTV stuff, Loctite 5920 for referance. Ive got the spacer on already and at the moment ive retro fitted (loosly) the pump.

Its started to rain so i wont be doing any more today. Tomoro i think i'll jack it up higher and give it all a good wiggle B)

pee vee

yeah i bought a gasket for mine... took a look at it and left it in the packet!. lol

i have sealer on the whole sump set up, and it hasnt leaked..... yet lol..

good luck B)

Edited by pee vee

Miles

It's a fiddle even out of the car, Thankfully never done one in a car, But it's as you have said, You need to fiddle the pump and spacer back on with the baffle loose

kate205gti

i vote for wiggling it B) or nab my trap door sump and extended oil pickup if its too much hassle :D

Bonzai

cheers kate. will see how it goes tomoro. i have got my own xu10 sump and extended pickup somewhere, think James is looking after it

Edited by Bonzai

James_R
cheers kate. will see how it goes tomoro. i have got my own xu10 sump and extended pickup somewhere, think James is looking after it

Opt'd to leave that in the box of spares ground clearance is pretty poor as it is B)

Sign in to follow this