• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rik

Management That Uses Original Cps

Rik

Hi all,

Can someone point me in the direction of a management system that uses the original Mi16 Crank position sensor.

I dont want to start playing about with trigger wheels etc - i've spent enough time on trhis project!!!

Thanks

Rik

welshpug

urr, the Mi16??

what do you mean?

Rik

The Crank sensor? I'm under the impression the Mi16 already has one? Correct me if i'm wrong, Electrics etc aint my thing.

Can Megasquirt now be used with a pug sensor and an mi flywheel?

Rik

Mikey G

I would have thought most aftermarket systems can be adapted to run the standard CPS.

And yes Megasquirt has this facility.

Edited by Mikey G

cybernck

he means Aftermarket EMS that can utilise Mi16 flywheel and CPS.

Megasquirt can do what you want for one :).

welshpug

what's the intended use? on your 8v with standard intake ot T/Bs?

Rik

When did the functionality change for megasquirt then ?

When i looked at management systems a year or so ago it wasnt applicable! I'm, wanting an ECU that will do both fuel and ignition.

What other parts do i need when fitting throttle bodies? If i wanted to run a closed loop system?

Lambda?

Air Temp Sensor?

Water Temp Sensor? (Can i use original?)

And where could i get it all from for a Megasquirt?

EDIT: I've got a coil pack already.

Rik

Edited by Rik

Rik

Intended use is T/Bs on a Mi16

welshpug

aah yes Megasquirt has been 60-2 capable in various forms for a while, have a read of Ritchie-van-gti's threads, he's using Megasquirt on an XU10J4R and bike bodies.

Anthony

Most aftermarket management will be able to use the Mi16 flywheel/sensor - just look for "Bosch 60-2" (common on many European cars)

As said, Megasquirt can use this on all v3 boards - I think that you had to modify and add componants to the older v2.2 board models, hence most people used the Ford EDIS system on those older Megasquirts.

snillet
When did the functionality change for megasquirt then ?

When i looked at management systems a year or so ago it wasnt applicable! I'm, wanting an ECU that will do both fuel and ignition.

You must have been reading very lightly then..., i´ve been using msns-e firmware wit hthe 60-2 decoder for nearly 2 years now.

It´s a HUGE bunch of litterature to read through the megamanual but it´s defenitly worth it, if you go for megasquirt and read the manual really well you´ll have a really good know-how about injection systems after that.

Trust me, if you want to LEARN how things work it´s great, and the web forums at msefi.com and msextra.com are filled with nice people that want to help you, as long as you´ve read the megamanual first.

Do it B)

Richie-Van-GTi

yes Im running xu10j4r on bike bodies with megasquirt, still very early stages as its a massive learning curve but if you do go for MS you should find most the questions are now answered on here due to my constant ramblings. Ive just got mine to a half decent running state in literally the last half hour from posting this. If you do go megasquirt use megasquirt one, MS2 is still early stages for the extra code which is what is required for the 60-2 flywheel. You can keep all the standard pug senders and use a program called easy therm which updates your megatune program to correspond with the OE senders. Luckily it comes with a peugeot file so you just click it. It is based on the 106gti senders but the values are pretty much identical so it all works fine. Mad Proffesor on here is now a UK agent for megasquirt and has been very helpful with me via email. Hes done a few pug engines on MS as well so will have some good base maps, Unfortunatley he didnt have one for me as I am tuning using AlphaN mode. Most maps are done in speed density which is MAP pressure against RPM, Alpha N is TPS against RPM. Im having to do this as my inlet cam is a long duration which gives unstable MAP readings.

If you want any advice about MS feel free to PM me, Im happy to answer what I can B)

cybernck
Lambda?

Air Temp Sensor?

for instance, i've got a VEMS WBO2+EGT kit which gives you realtime readings of AFR and EGT

(so you can tune the MS yourself and always have an eye on what's going on) and outputs the

lambda values to MS for running in closed loop and/or auto-tune too. and i've also purchased

a generic IAT (inlet air temp) sensor from them which is happily working with MS, so that's all

the additional sensors covered in one go (as it has an internal 2.5 bars MAP sensor as well :D).

Water Temp Sensor? (Can i use original?)

as Richie said - yes, you can B). MS is pretty much fully configurable and open system :D.

snillet

If you want to, you can even use everything standard from the stock engine management system, depending on what system THAT IS of course B), but my familiar example is motronic 1.3

Since the msns-e software has some options you do not have to use a tps, you can use the stock switches that´s on the throttle housing just using the idle switch to let MS know when the trhottle is closed for oveerun fuelcut and other stuff. The acceleration enrichement can be doned via map-dot.

The TPS is good to have, but you do not HAVE to have it to make it work ok.

Sign in to follow this