• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Martin W

Mintex Suppliers

Martin W

Its time for some new brake pads and I will use the M1166 compound, for a track only car.

My question is where to get them from? Demon Tweeks are the cheapest at £97, but are there other suppliers that people know are cheaper?

Car uses 306 GTI-6 calipers. Running MDB 1613 pads. Yes they are Renault pads but the same fitment as GTI-6 calipers (I dont know the GTI-6 part number!).

Has anyone bought GTI-6 pads recently, and if so where from? Main order or around Kent.

jackherer

I paid best part of £100 for my 1166 as I couldn't find them any cheaper.

I use them on the road BTW, its a myth that they need warming up, when cold they bite very well, its just they get even better when hot.

edit: mine were 205 1.9 pads, not GTI6, but it sounds like they are similarly priced.

Edited by jackherer

kyepan

try raceparts in wallingford.. or questmead.

C_W

I'd guess that £97 for 1166 pads for the GTi-6 is pretty good.

Martin W
I'd guess that £97 for 1166 pads for the GTi-6 is pretty good.

Most places ask for about £140 for the M1166's

skeggyrik

I got my 1144's for 1.9 205 calipers from Miles on here. Might be worth a try?

Mac210882

I can't believe some of you pay £140 for a set of front pads for a 205 :huh:

I used Mintex Extreme, available from an e-bay shop for £39.99

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AZCARPARTSCOUK_BR...9QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://www.xtremebrakes.com/index.php?opti...ge&Itemid=1

They'll cope with three back to back laps of the Nurburgring without offering a hint of fade.

Tried and tested.

That's 39 miles of balls out driving on the most intense track in the world. On any trackday you won't be doing 39 miles of driving without coming off for a cool down, a typical 2 mile circuit, that's 20 laps.

Call me controversial, but I think a lot of people are getting sucked into the hype and spending far too much on a set of pads for what is a very lightweight car.

Just my opinion

Mac210882

Removed double post

Edited by Mac210882

Martin W

Just as well I didn't pay £140 :huh:

Mac210882

Fair enough, but that's what I was quoted when I did my 307 upgrade.

If you can get them cheaper and don't mind paying it, go ahead. :huh:

C_W
I can't believe some of you pay £140 for a set of front pads for a 205 :ph34r:

I used Mintex Extreme, available from an e-bay shop for £39.99

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AZCARPARTSCOUK_BR...9QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://www.xtremebrakes.com/index.php?opti...ge&Itemid=1

They'll cope with three back to back laps of the Nurburgring without offering a hint of fade.

Tried and tested.

That's 39 miles of balls out driving on the most intense track in the world. On any trackday you won't be doing 39 miles of driving without coming off for a cool down, a typical 2 mile circuit, that's 20 laps.

Call me controversial, but I think a lot of people are getting sucked into the hype and spending far too much on a set of pads for what is a very lightweight car.

Just my opinion

Mintex Extreme seem to be a great pad, Im not sure where the fall in with the 1144, 1155 and 1166 compounds Mintex also make though.

But I would question the Ring being the ultimate brake tester; I certainly found I didn't need to use them much when I went round!! not compared to most short UK circuits where your on the brakes all the time.

Martin W

I've just come back from lydden and that was particularly hard on brakes, also it was 27 degrees!

I've found the 1144's perfectly up to the job at most tracks, I'm assuming the extreme pads are a similar compound based on the price (which is good at that!).

Miles

The extreme's and 1144's are similar but the extreme's being allot cheaper,

The 1155's are cheaper for the GTi6 and the number is MDB 1732/1155, Drop me a PM and I'll give you a price

Sign in to follow this