• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chesney

Gti Rear Arch Panels

chesney

Finally getting round to begining the welding on the 205. Had some std 205 rear arch sections which we were going to weld on and cut to the right shape but my mate thinks it would look far better if proper gti ones could be sourced as it will have a nice lip. I don't need a whole 1/4 panel.

Pretty sure Peugeot only sell a complete arch and its scary money. Somebody somewhere must sell them??

welshpug

IIRC Hadrians still do them.

chesney
IIRC Hadrians still do them.

Hopefully. It was a Hadrian agent that sold me the part rear arches I have so maybe they will exchange them for proper gti ones. I'll call them Monday, cheers

chesney

Hadrian's agent said they don't do them B)

What have the guys on here done with their rear arches? We could use the 3 dr ones but wanted to avoid having to cut a tidy arch and drill holes for the trim.

chesney

£120 each from pug for full rear arches plus VAT

blackpug

My local pug dealer is selling them at £25 plus VAT. Imperial garages in Haverfordwest.

Richie-Van-GTi

whatever you do only buy genuine pug ones, Ive just put one on mine and even though it was a good fit its still a bloody nightmare job. Mines a base model one and that was £60, cutting the arch doesn't have to be that tidy, only one section about 2 inches long is visible below the trim in front of the wheel and its pretty easy to smooth it out down there anyway as its not somewhere that will rub. Im bonding my trims on though so no idea about how to get the holes drilled correctly for the clips, should be easy enough to print the pattern onto masking tape with paint on the back of the trim though.

Id reccomend doing a full panel though, 'stitching' a piece in will be hard to get right.

chesney
My local pug dealer is selling them at £25 plus VAT. Imperial garages in Haverfordwest.

Wow. I've emailed them but am struggling to believe that price is full rear 1/4 panels! Here's hoping!! Cheers

Thanks for the advice Ritchie. If I can get full 1/4 then I'll replace them but my mate and his painter are pretty damned good and he has replaced sections on his car and you would never be able to tell its a section thats been spot welded in place then smoothed and painted. All looks factory!

chesney

Called me back but sold out ;)

Tried Ecosse but they use genuine pug one's so prob similarly priced. Looking like it will be std ones trimmed to suit and I guess as I have side skirts that hide the arch will make it less of an issue.

Edited by chesney

Sign in to follow this