• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jtek

14 Inch Or 15 Inch?

jtek

as mentioned in another topic, i want to use my 1.6 for a few track days and stuff, and i was wandering what set up you would all recommend for this bearing in mind i am also on a budget. i currently have speedlines on there with some crap budget tyres so they will need to be changed anyway, but i was wandering if the 14 inch may be a better option? whether it be for the smaller diameter better acceleration etc, or cheaper tyres? also what tyres do people use for these combinations, bearing in mind the car will also be used as my daily car

thanks

welshpug

budget = 14's, much cheaper tyres, especially race tyres.

Edited by welshpug

Sandy

Road tyres, 15's are cheaper now. Michelin PE2 195/50/15 £55 each, 185/60/14 £60 each, same dealer.

GTI6BOY

eagle f1s 195/50/15 £40 each delivered

Toyo t1r 195/55/15 £46 each delivered

prices from Camskill.co.uk

Miles

I used to run 185/50/14's when running in a production class, as every bit helped and tyres where free, But 15's are cheaper as said, you could even use a 195/45/15 but these are more expensive,

hengti

it might be worth putting your current tyres on a second set of cheap wheels and using those for track days whilst you're wearing in a set of new tyres on the road. i've always liked Yoko A539s - they're cheap, wear well and make an excellent road/track tyre.

when ordering from internet, don't forget that you're likely looking at £40 to have a set of 4 tyres fitted. think i found a local tyre fitter willing to fit a set of A539s for £180 recently.

don't use new or nearly new tyres on track - it ruins them; they need to have been worn in quite a bit first.

Sign in to follow this