• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benson

Colour Matching, Home Spraying

benson

Hey guys,

So I'm planning on spraying the bonnet of my 205, currently a steel grey one, or so i'm told, red, to match my 205's body. The only problem is I don't know whether the body of my car is cherry red as it was resprayed at some point. How can I match the colour to paint it at home, and what steps would i need to take re: sanding, priming, etc, and would I be better off just taking it to a bodyshop (or forum member), and if so how much would I be looking at? Obviously I want a perfect match.

Cheers,

Ben

j_turnell

Could always take your grill to a paint shop and get them to match the colour....

benson

I think I may need to get in blended in, would probably give me the best finish, i'm gonna talk to paintguy about it. I finally found some information after a lot of different searches on here. Can anyone advise any good paintshops that would be able to match it best, should I be wary of halfords? Finally, is it worth all my effort, as a first timer, to sand it/prime it/paint it with aerosols myself, or for my time/stress/materials/finish quality would i really be better off getting a pro job (apparently about 100 for the panel and 50/60 for the blend in)?

Cheers

Paintguy

Replied to your PM mate :)

Beastie
should I be wary of halfords?

Cheers

Yes, no matter what you are doing. Sorry if you're reading this and you actually work for Halfords but I couldn't resist it ^_^ :;

Sign in to follow this