• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CraigyBoy

309 Wishbones With Gp N Style Balljoint?

Guest CraigyBoy

I know there are lots of similar posts but haven't found any relating to the balljoint yet.

I want to fit 309 wishbones to my 205 but want to make sure the ones I buy have Gp N style balljoints. (Just a small cut-away for the hub pinch bolt rather than a groove all the way round the pin). A mate told me that all 309 ones have this stronger type balljoint, is this true?? Or does anyone know which brands are?

I use Gp N std length 205 arms (£250 a pair!) at the mo as I've had two ball joints break (on separate cars) using the std grooved type.

P.S. I'm not worried if the bushes are junk as I will probably fit poly. Also, I know about the problem with hole in the hub going oval.

Guest CraigyBoy

Any info anyone??

Anyone fitted 309 arms? If so, what make? Did they have the fully grooved balljoint?

I had a look at some in GSF the other day and they were the grooved type. I.e. not the ones i want.

Cheers if you can help

Miles

All 309 arm's have the groove all the way around, From std Pug one's to factor one's, Never seen any different one's to date

Normski

Same here, I've had a couple of sets from motor factors and all have had the groove right round.

Guest CraigyBoy

Nice one guys, i guess that answers the question!

Cheers for the replies :D

Chris H

For sure its only the PTS arms that don't have the grouve running right round the joint!

Saying that...i've yet to break one in 8 years of rallying! I've bent an arm like a bannana, smashed a wheel off the hub but never broken a joint. Maybe the 309 ones are a slightly different design (unlikely) or i've just been mega lucky!

Sign in to follow this