• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Jazz

Grrr... Annoying Chavs

Jimmy Jazz

Some local chavs have stolen 3 of my rear quarter gti/1.6 badges...

The pins are all snapped and I can see probs putting them back on when I fnid some new ones... What is the best way to stick them back on?

James...

p.s. what will the chavs do with my badges... none of them have the brain power to drive so they certainly wont have cars... i suppose they will stick them on their mums lol... was wondering weather to leave a sneaky message behind the remaining badge for them to read lol...

Veero

You should be able to push the snapped bits of the pins back through the holes, it's only the very centre of what's left will push out not the whole plug. To get good access remove the speaker grill covers in the boot and then push the broken bits of the pins out with something very small like a small nail.

If you get replacement ones with pins they should just pop back in. If that fails some, of that sealant stuff should hold them on, just dont use something water based like no more nails or you end up with streaks down the paintwork after rain.

Damn thieving bastards :)

Veero

GLPoomobile

The chavs won't do anything with them. Some people are just really sad and think it's great fun to wander down the road at night and rip off windscreen wipers, door mirrors, roof ariels and badges. Probably drunken students. They really need to get a life (and seven shades of s*it knocked out of them).

johnnyboy666

that must be very annoying!! one of mine fell of when i slammed the door in anger a few weeks ago :) which was a bit silly in hindsight

d7ve_b
that must be very annoying!! one of mine fell of when i slammed the door in anger a few weeks ago :) which was a bit silly in hindsight

Sorry mate, but I bet that was hilarious for any bystanders :)

Henry Yorke
p.s. what will the chavs do with my badges...

They will go on ebay and you will end up buying them back! Chavs take full 106 GTI arch kits off as they just pop on the side panels, and then put them on ebay!

I had the front badge nicked off my Alfa once. I reported it to the police just to try and increase the amount of chav patrols around where i used to live. Anyway I was polishing the car and 3 policemen pulled up outside my house. I gulped and wondered what I had done. They returned my badge!! They had caught the chav! I popped it straight back on and saved a £15!

pete1986

:D I know id be pointing and laughing if i saw that, made me laugh enough just reading it

My badges got nicked a while back along with the side indicators. I think some people on here have had there spare wheel nicked from their car as well.

F*CKING BED-WETTERS!!

Edited by pete1986

SamGTi
I think some people on here have had there spare wheel nicked from their car as well.

F*CKING BED-WETTERS!!

Yeah, me! :)

Jimmy Jazz

Well, I think I have these chavs on CCTV as the thieving occurred at my place of work!!! so i may have them on camera...

Also, do you get black badges? My car is a phase 2 and all the badges I have seen have been grey ones... My car had grey ones on it but they may have been replaced at some point I suppose...

These chavs have done the usual trick of spitting on my car and banging on the windows as I go through town...

Hopefully off to uni soon so when I know for sure I can give them a leaving present... not really worth the bother if I am staying around for a bit...

J

DrSarty

Sorry to attempt to capitalize, but you could always get some new badges from me, for less than Peugeot originals cost. :)

No it wasn't me who knicked them; I'm not that evil and secondly I'm in Helmand province Afghanistan. B)

Veero has a set of my badges and I'm quite happy to do 1.6/GTi for you any time you like. There's a thread in the for sale section.

Naughty naughty me :)

:lol:

A2TheA

AROLDITE!!!

thats wid. but make sure you dont get distracted when your about to place the piece onto the car and end up with the badgeon the wheel arch because you've dropped it.

but yeah Aroldite!!!

Veero
Sorry to attempt to capitalize, but you could always get some new badges from me, for less than Peugeot originals cost. :D

No it wasn't me who knicked them; I'm not that evil and secondly I'm in Helmand province Afghanistan. :)

Veero has a set of my badges and I'm quite happy to do 1.6/GTi for you any time you like. There's a thread in the for sale section.

Naughty naughty me :)

:D

Aha we have found the culprit, he's not in Afghanistan at all, he's actually gone covert in the UK and is sneeking round pilfering everyone's 1/4 badges to sell on the black market (er somewhere) and then sell us back some shiney new ones :D

Genius plan there Sarty :DB)

number2301

You do get black phase 2 badges, could even get the blank ones off Ebay for stealthyness :)

Sign in to follow this