• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Veero

306 Electric Windows

Veero

I shut the door on my mates 306 DTurbo with the window half down, there's a THUD and I look round and the window's gone...

Turns out the green plastic widget has sheared and dropped the window with no way of getting it back up

Door card off, foam panels off lifted the window out after breaking the rear door runner clip off and managed to get the green plastic slidy bit off the runner. Went to pug and lo and behold you have to buy a whole fricking window. WTF :)

Nothing really useful about this post just having a rant at how ridiculous lifting a big heavy window by one tiny plastic stub is and the corners they seemed to cut when designing the system. Gah!!! Gonna try some glue but it's unlikely it will work so it's off to a scrappy at the w/e. Luckily he lives in the middle of nowhere on a little tiny cul de sac so the car will be fine with a bin liner over the window for a couple days...

Anyone got any potential bodges?? I had thought about somehow looping some picture wire through the widget and the whole in the glass wrapped in some heatshrink so it's not metal --> glass.

Veero

Veero

And now he's buggered the motor which appears to be riveted to the door. Rivetted?? WTF Pug?! Why rivet a potentially replaceable part to the door, let me guess, cheaper than screws... :)

ablister

welcome to my world!

Richie-Van-GTi

just drill the rivets and replace with a 6mm nut and bolt. As for regulator, scrappies have these all the time, no more than £20 I reckon. Just take a cordless drill with you :D

Veero

Haha none of that, since its the pass window he said he wasn't bothered so we cut a length of wood which now wedges the window up and it's probably more secure than it was before to be honest. Put all the door card back on and it's as good as new :) ahem only with added woodworm :)

He's not bothered but next time Im at the scrappy Ill get a new motor and widow rail thingy.

Veero

Jer309GTi

Been there, done that! :)

It really is a crap design. Still, I got very good at regulator changes when my G/F had her 306. Went through 3 when we had it :D

Peetypug

just out of curiosity what year is the 306?

i had to change the rear passenger cenral locking unit on mine and that was a bad enough job

i cut my arm in 3 places on the nice sharp metal that peugeot seems to love :D

BuD

Yep its a real pain changing the glass in the 306, getting the top clip into the rubber seal and the window correctly aligned is an arse.

Veero
Yep its a real pain changing the glass in the 306, getting the top clip into the rubber seal and the window correctly aligned is an arse.

Yeah its easier to take the whole seal out drop the glass in and then put the seal back in around the glass rather than squeeze the glass and runner into the seal.

His is a P reg.

Anyone know if they changed the design on later phases? I was thinking of getting a 306 DTurbo/HDi in November/Decemeber for my new job but if they are this shodily built will it last 1000's of miles of my hammering it... :D

Sign in to follow this