• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

Colour Coding The Cti's Arches And Bumpers?

CTI STU

My Cti is going in to my mates bodyshop next week for 2 weeks while Im on holiday

Im only having a few bits done but am thinking of having the arches and bumpers painted and replacing the red trim

for chrome?

Anyone got any pics?? (Its cherry red)

What do you think, should I have it done or not??

Jrod

No.

Replace the trims with chrome ones sure but don't paint the trims.

GTI6BOY
IMG_1528.jpg

Henry Yorke

It does look nice when all sprayed up. Be careful as CTI cherry red seems to be different than non CTI cherry as they were painted in Italy, not France / Spain like the GTI's.

The core to painting the arches is to get the prep work right otherwise it will just flake off and look really naff. The chrome strips will cost about £40 from Peugeot, excluding the front and back ones. You could get some chrome tape on your red ones if you want to save cash. Black ones would look nice too.

Here are a few attachments to help

post-3457-1186521403.jpg

post-3457-1186521417.jpg

post-3457-1186521426_thumb.jpg

post-3457-1186521437_thumb.jpg

Jrod

I much prefer black.

The one that blends the valance with the arch pulls it off but other than that.

Just nick some chrome strips from base models and cut them to length.

steve@cornwall
I much prefer black.

The one that blends the valance with the arch pulls it off but other than that.

Just nick some chrome strips from base models and cut them to length.

I was going to say that I used chrome bumper strips from the scrappy and cut them to length- 3 bumper strips to make all side trims IIRC - and charged at 50p per strip :) Look just like the real thing, too, if you cut about 2mm over length and bend the ends to match original.

Strangely enough the only colour car that i prefer with red inserts is red, because it matches body colour

I think on the cti, the black kit balances out the colour of the roof and looks more balanced.

Edited by steve@cornwall

Paintguy
It does look nice when all sprayed up. Be careful as CTI cherry red seems to be different than non CTI cherry ....

They're actually a totally different colour.

If you've seen the mad two-tone wing that I loaned Daz, that was half CTI red, half GTI red. (done as a test piece :blush:

----------

As the big H says, preparation is the key, so make sure your bodyshop have experience of painting plastic parts :D

CTI STU

I quite like the look of red arches and black stripes but also like std look :D:blush:

Henry Yorke
As the big H says, preparation is the key, so make sure your bodyshop have experience of painting plastic parts :blush:

Just don't call me "Preparation H" :D

Here is a standard skip with chrome inserts

2014_H70RKE_Large_-med.jpg

It has the advantage that the trims are phase 2 black. Earlier grey ones can just look washed out on red.

Red and green didn't look quite right to me

2CTI-KN-Wheels-6001.jpg

Red and Graphite looks good

2Chatsworth-1.jpg

When painting the car from top to bottom, I took a conscious decision to keep them as plastic, which involved texturing the front arches to match the rest of the trim as they were smooth resin.

Sign in to follow this