• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Veero

Unusual Indicators..

Veero

Ok I seem to have a random problem with the indicators.

The only correlaition I can find is they sometimes don't work after using the hazard switch.

Either everything is working as usual or the hazards are working fine but use the indicators and nothing happens apart from a random click from the indicator relay on the fuseboard but no orange flashes.

I thought it was the wiring under the steering column but now it seems its the hazard switch itself. As far as I can tell the stalk itself is ok. Has anyone else had similar problems or is the hazard switch known for causing problems? On the way home tonight I signalled someone thanks by flashing the hazards once and after that all the way home no indicators. When I got home I fiddled around with a few things and tried the hazards and when I drove off later tonight they were working again.

This is proper frustrating. Anyone got a known good hazard switch kicking around?

Veero

Edited by Veero

welshpug

yep, IIRC a dodgy hazard switch will affect the rest, luckily you can scavenge a switch from a lotus elise :)

jackherer
yep, IIRC a dodgy hazard switch will affect the rest,

yes absolutely, the hazard switch is a part of the indicator circuit, simply unplug it and the indicators wont work.

luckily you can scavenge a switch from a lotus elise :wacko:

you learn something new every day :)

DriversPanelRemoval.jpg

what on earth were Lotus thinking?

welshpug

it also uses mk3 arestra column switches ( I think) and Montego driveshafts! :wacko:

cheap good lookin functional switches :) that switch is what? 16 years old!

Edited by welshpug

jackherer

they are pretty unreliable IMO, I've had a few fail in different ways including one that died on the way to an MOT with no prior warning. Maybe an Elise switch will be more reliable? :wacko:

pug_ham
Maybe an Elise switch will be more reliable? :)

Yeah, just like a Lotus? :wacko:

I've never had one fail yet but maybe I've just been lucky.

They've never needed much use on any of my Pugs.B)

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

I had 2 fail in a few months, shot a 306 one in and all has been well since. 'Im sure you can use 2 buttons from the 306, IIRC its the fog button that doesn't fit without a bit of a rewire.

Veero

Well it's all working fine, the hazard switch seems to work fine and not affect the indicators now.

Had an amusing incident on Monday, slow lane on the motorway, I indicated and pulled out to overtake one of these new convertible Astras as I got to where she was, she swung out with no prior warning into my lane. I jesticulated but the dosey (blonde to add to the stereotype) bint just stared blankly ahead clearly unaware of what mirror - signal - manouevre means.

So I swung back in front of her to give her the left riight left right indicator thing, flashed the hazards and then the indicators didn't work so I had to pull off the motorway without signalling. Oh the irony... :)

Sign in to follow this