• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
josh1990

Saturday Afternoon Mod

josh1990

Me and my neighbours were looking at my engine bay and car in general, and one of them gave me a good idea, Ram air or sort of anyway.

We were looking closely at my standard cold air intake to my air box, it was very restrictive, the pipe to my airobx was about 1.5 inch diameter, also the flange on the end of the intake was the width of a cassete tape :wub: Chocking the hell out of my engine (Black residue out of the exhaust). So we went to the local camerons Picked up a new filter (standard) Carb cleaner, crankcase breather, and some aluminium approx 3 inch duckting, about a meter in length. we then stripped out all the old cold and warm intake, we then cleaned the carb, then routed our new duckting in to behind were the foglight would go few tie raps and jubilee clips jobs a good un, cold fresh air. The sound changed to slight induction kit sound from standard air box. Great Mod, tell me what you think.

ramair1.jpg

ramair2.jpg

nearsidecoldairfeed.jpg

Cheers Josh.

Edited by josh1990

sutol

Done something similar on a few cars. That is a good inexpensive way of doing it as the tube is easy to work with.

Looks expensive as well :wub:

I hope you bought the pipe at a builders yard (Heating duct) as it's cheap there.

Edited by sutol

josh1990

No i didnt think of that at the time :s ah well its dun now

M@tt

nice job :lol:

just make sure you don't go through and big puddles with it being that low to the ground :wub: could find you hydrolock the engine if it gets past the filter!!

josh1990

Very very good point what would you recomend some tites or somthing over the end of the pipe??? :wub: Thanks for the input

Josh

Mikey S

nice mod there mate, buyt i would duct some warm air to that airbox come winter or you will suffer from carb freeze.

christopher

Sure you must be ramming loads of cold air in there......But what about those flies and dust?

welshpug
Sure you must be ramming loads of cold air in there......But what about those flies and dust?

thats the job of the filter. personally I preffer K&N, they do more filtering.

christopher
thats the job of the filter. personally I preffer K&N, they do more filtering.

I know but what I mean is...the normal air through the scoop behind the grill at least some kind of protection from files and grit but a scoop in the air stream could be more likley to collect debris and club up the fliter very quick. Don't you think?

Edited by christopher

josh1990
I know but what I mean is...the normal air through the scoop behind the grill at least some kind of protection from files and grit but a scoop in the air stream could be more likley to collect debris and club up the fliter very quick. Don't you think?

What Do you suggest to stop this then?

Thanks Josh..

johnnyboy666

id say get one of those cheapo kitchen seives, and place a peice of it somewhere along the course of the pipe, that should stop anything substantial jumping up there :) and probably wouldnt affect air flow much either??

Anton green

Exactly the same induction I had to my K&N filter on my fiesta. tHE INLET WAS SAT BENEATH THE FRONT VALENCE facing forwards (caps locked apparently)and it lasted a year and a half before I had to rotate the air filter to a part without flies. DO IT! It made the fiesta A LOT quicker at higher speeds over 40mph

Sign in to follow this