• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabz

3 Point Harnesses - Where To Bolt And Mot Worthy?

Dabz

I've had a few searches for these quick questions but can't find anything...

I've got some Sparco 3 point bolt-in harnesses for the 205 (found here http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detrange....mp;subid=11843) - I know they're not anything special but the budget is well overspent on our track car project hehe. I was just wondering where is best to bolt them in. Also, will the car pass the MOT with these? Didn't give it a thought before we threw the standard seatbelts out!

Thanks

skinner2k3

MOT wise, as long as they have the European standard E mark (E in a triangle IIRC), they should pass the MOT. I know this as I recently spoke to VOSA about it as I had mine failed on an MOT and had to prove the test center wrong.

I have my 4 point sabelts attached to the rear seat belt anchor points. Although this is not ideal as they should really be attached higher so there is less of an angle. Unless you have a cage there are not many options though!

Sign in to follow this