• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Powers

309 Gti16 Exhaust Manifold

Powers

Will a 309 gti16 exhaust manifold fit a XU10j4RS head ?

Miles

Not without allot of work, the port spacing and shapes are completly different between the 2 heads

Super Josh

And I thought their were problems fitting one to a RHD drive car anyway? Because of the Master cylinder/Servo.

Josh

huckleberry

But why would you want that? Just like the 309gti16 manifold the RS one is a work of art. And also won't give much problems around the bulkhead (I've heard from people who have done the conversion).

Tim

Powers

I just thought of it as an alternative to having to repossition/tilt the gti6 engine when fitting into a 205.

The car has a pedal box fitted so thats not an issue. But as per Miles reply we wont be going down this route now.

Cheers.

B1ack_Mi16
I just thought of it as an alternative to having to repossition/tilt the gti6 engine when fitting into a 205.

The car has a pedal box fitted so thats not an issue. But as per Miles reply we wont be going down this route now.

Cheers.

The GTI16 manifold don't fit good on a XU10 block with the 1.9 Mi16 head either because of the block beeing taller than the alloy one.

I had to do some modifications to mine and made a custom downpipe, but the manifold seemed to be able to coope with lots of power, 270bhp ;)

Sign in to follow this