• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

Tyres And Rubbing

AdamP

Has anyone run 185/60 R14s on a non-GTi 205? If so, what offset wheels were you using and did you get much/any scrubbing.

Got a set of Yoko A021Rs on my Locost that I want to stick on my 205 but obviously don't want to damage the car or tyres!

welshpug

should be fine, I've seen many an XS with 1.6 gti speedlines.

Sandy

^^^^ 24mm offset. They might rub, the shells vary and some do, some don't. My old Rallye rubbed with them against the lip inside the arch by the bumper bracket and the arch lip itself.

DaveK

my old 1.1 205 had 106 gti wheels and it rubbed on the inside aswell, just thinner arches

Casanova

2 of my XSs have those tyres, and they both rub a little. The fronts rub on full lock, and the rears under heavy load (but only on the plastic bumper which can be ground back if you wish).

Just thought though, what's the offset on those Jupiters? If its less than the 1.6 alloys (ET25) then that would explain the rubbing :) Might have to reshape the inner arch?

§

Edited by Casanova

AdamP

The Jupiters are ET19, so stick out 6mm more. I think it can be sorted with a bit of rear bumper fiddling.

Adam

Sign in to follow this