• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Trick

Cobra - Standard Pug Sliderails

Trick

Is it possible to remove the standard sliderails from the pug seats and fit them so that they can be used with the cobra sidemounts?

or, as anything is possible - is it easily done?

Bonzai

yes i have done this, as has Tom M. The wideboy cobra seat fits straight on, the slim jim ones need a bracket plate about 3 inches wide to bolt the sidemount to the slider on one side

Trick

Do you recommend it - i.e. do they sit too high with the rails?

tom_m

not for me they don't.

be sure to remove the plastic spacers below the runners and the tilting part too. this drops you down lower than the standard 205 position

DSC07251.jpg

Edited by tom_m

Trick

ive got 2 slimjim ones, which i got off ebay - i can fit into both versions, but wideboy were a lot more comfortable.

are both of yours the GT version? just wondered if you could show me the plate that was fitted to the std size?

tom_m

yeah both of mine are the fat boy ones. ben's are the heroin waif version and use the plates

Bonzai

im about 6ft tall and i would like them a little lower, but its not too bad as it is

Image043.jpg

Trick

Looks like i should be a able to get someone to fabricate some plates for mine at work.

as for narnesses, how many extra bolt holes will i need to fit for a 5 point?

Bonzai

you'll need to put one on the exhaust tunnel somewhere for the inner lapstraps and one in the floor at the front for the crotch strap. I've used the same eyebolt for both shoulder straps, and it neatly fitted in a threads left from the rear seatbelt anchor points. The outer lap straps also fit into the front seatbelt rail along the sill area.

Trick

cheers boss

i dont suppose you can tell me what size bolts are required to fit the sidemounts to the seats?

Trick

in fact did you get bolts with the sidemounts as i didnt?

Bonzai

i did, but i bought mine second hand anyway. I think they were either M6 or M8 standard pitch

Trick

Fitted mine by using two strips of steel that go between the sliderails front and back....seems ok

IMG00086.jpg

Trick

Tom,

i decided the slim jim version were just too uncomfortable on my legs - so i now have a fat boy one..

however, mine doesnt bolt straight on like you mentioned? i.e. the holes on the sidemounts do not match up with those on the sliderails...did you need to drill additional holes?

tom_m
Tom,

i decided the slim jim version were just too uncomfortable on my legs - so i now have a fat boy one..

however, mine doesnt bolt straight on like you mentioned? i.e. the holes on the sidemounts do not match up with those on the sliderails...did you need to drill additional holes?

yes but mine were supplied blank so i just drilled holes in the appropriate place, fairly easy cos i have the alloy side mounts.

Edited by tom_m

Sign in to follow this