• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309Dimma

Throttle Xu10j2te 2.0 Turbo

309Dimma

I'm confused. I wonder, what is the function of the wedge-formed thing on the throttle? Without it it would be flat, which should be optimal for the air-flow.

What would happen if I removed it, and filled the two screw holes?

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

welshpug

air temperature sender, without it your car wont run very well!

what engine is it? the XU9 usually has this sender on the inlet pipework, and the XU10 has it in the underneath the T/B like you have it.

DOH! its an XU10...

Edited by welshpug

snillet

I think he´s talking about the "fat" throttle ...uhm don´t know the word in english, valve/damper ?

Looks odd.

309Dimma

I'm not talking about the sender. I mean the flat thing on the axle. Like "snillet" I don't know the word for it.

whizzer71

The little wedge thing held on with the two screws,what have you got to loose?,may affect the idle possibly?,just remove it and blank the holes off with a bit of tape for test purposes and then if it idles ok then solder or braze them up !,I can only imagine it'll help it flow better with that removed.

It was suggested to me by some other members that you can use the 306 Xsi throttle body which is larger,Dont know which year or engine code would be suitable though ?,whether 8v or 16v ?

Take a look at my turbo Q's thread (have a look on the search function).

:D

bales

I doubt there would be any benefit to removing it in terms of power and there will be some specific reason for having it tapered like that. I think people always get a bit excited in terms of throttle sizes and power increases.If you have a look at some of the tuning books on turbo'd engines the actual diameter needed for a given power level is a lot smaller than you would think.

The xu10cjte one is around the 50 ish mm mark I "think" and I remember checking this and the size was more than adequate for well over 200bhp .

Just look at race cars and the power levels they achieve with restrictors, and I would say there is more harm to be done on a road engine with a overly large t/b than a slightly smaller one, especially to the mid range.

snillet

If you have 1 big throttle that usually gives you a very "nervous" pedal-feel at highway/motorway cruising speeds. Can be bitchy on long drives, the setup which many modern engines have with one small and one big the opens in sequence is very good for every day driving because of that.

Ryan

Just a guess, but it looks like it's to restrict the size of the opening at very low throttle (it basically blocks off the bottom half of the opening for the first few degrees of movement) probably to give better throttle control.

Miles

Ryan's spot on, it's there to help small throttle opening's,

309Dimma

Ok, thanks a lot!

Now when I know what it's for, I'll keep it as it is. For now, that is... :D

Bam

the xu10j4 tb from a 406 2.0 16v fitts perfect -and doesn't have this... wedge.

but its possible to use a 1.9gt inletmanifold with gti-6 tb!

cheers

sonofsam
but its possible to use a 1.9gt inletmanifold with gti-6 tb!

cheers

Had heard 1.9gti inlet was a no go! On the 2.0T. Much work to get it matched? :D

Bam

@309dimma.

holy moly!

what a car!!!

i love this car!!!! :D (it looks like my dreamcar!!)

i drive also a 309gti turbo -my dream was to paint it blue, with biscuitleather internoir,and dimma bodykit......

i have attached some pic's of my (ex) 309gti...

@sono

Had heard 1.9gti inlet was a no go! On the 2.0T. Much work to get it matched? :P

my name is dremel -and i love my job ^^,

yeah you are right, its a "lot" of work.. but who has fit a tct engine into a stock gti (revised the engine etc.)... than this are just "peanuts" :(.

cheers

post-8663-1193080777_thumb.jpg

post-8663-1193080795_thumb.jpg

post-8663-1193080813_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this