• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
large

Now It Won't Run.

large

I have just finished putting a 1.9 engin into my 1.6 and i can't get it to run.I have changed the timing belt but doweled the cam and crank so i dont think it is that,i also swapped the dizzy A.F.M and the E.C.U with ones from a 1.9. It dose idle but only just and when you try to rev it a bit(or alot :lol: ) it cuts out please help as i feel as i have wasted my weekend :wub:

danpug

Have you timed the dizzy correctly?

Ryan
Have you timed the dizzy correctly?

An easy mistake to make, as the cylinders are numbered from the flywheel end.

Done it myself twice...

Richie-Van-GTi

either massive air leak on the intake or the cam timing is one tooth out. Ive experienced both and both gave these symptons.

large

I have not timmed it up with a timming light or anything but i have turned the dizzy from front to back to front and it only seams to run with it in the middle. I have had this engine on a rolling road about 2 years ago and have got marks on the dizzy from then but i am at a loss so all input is more than welcome :lol:

matty_gti

Im guessing an air leak, very simple problem but is allways a bugger. Had it on my replacment engine.

Mikey S

check the wiring to the airflow meter. you may have pulled one of the pins out of the connector slightly.

j_turnell

Likewise with the Ecu temp wiring, blue plug. Has it got a good spark, deff getting enough fuel?

28CRAIG

Had the same problem on mine is the idle about 600rpm ish try and rev it and it just cuts out at about 2000rpm if it does try the fuel filter mine was clogged and wouldn't let enough fuel thru.

large

I think i am getting fuel as i removed the pipe (the 17mm one) turned it over and fuel shot across the floor, not very scientific i know. Dose the blue plug go to the water temp thing or to the S.A.D. under the dizzy. As i didn't take them off my mate did he did mark them up but i still have a ? over this And thanks for the replys having a day off today back to it tomorrow. :D

welshpug

blue plug, temp sender, black plug SAD.

large

Bummer! :D .Thats how i've got it. looks like my mate is in the clear.

large

Air flow meter faulty,replaced and she runs a treat :wub: Thanks for all the help.