• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monty69

Adjustable Rear Anti Roll Bar

monty69

Has any one fitted one of these whiteline jobbies yet? It looks like it mounts to back axle with u bolts?No problems with them wearing into rear beam? Do you think it would fit a 306 beam with same u clamps? Not bothered about extra width as spacers could be used for 306

Nathan

I ordered one on friday, hope to have it fitted by the end of the week, will report back then.

205toby

Bringing up an old topic BUT..

Noticed no one else seems to have fitted this swaybar?

I just got mine on (1 week ago) and besides hitting the exhaust it went on fine! I have it set to soft and the car has been tightened p and seems to have less rear end roll. Most importantly though, it doesn't cock the inside rear wheel around sharp corners anymore! A good buy for the money.

Toby

Jrod

I thought with the ARB it would cock the wheel more? ;)

VisaGTi16v

wtf is going on in your avatar Jrod :lol:

Jrod

Stiff arse. :P

photo0084zp0.jpg

VisaGTi16v

Very although possibly not the best bit of parking ever! :P

monty69

Would it fit a 306 beam with minor adjustments?

205toby
Would it fit a 306 beam with minor adjustments?

I'd say so, probably just need larger U clamps to fit around the beam.

Toby

bren_1.3

whats the real deal with these. everyone showed lots of interest in these when they were being developed and then it seems to have died out?

where they not much use in the end?

what was the range of adjustment they offered?

205toby
whats the real deal with these. everyone showed lots of interest in these when they were being developed and then it seems to have died out?

where they not much use in the end?

what was the range of adjustment they offered?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Im happy with mine, seems to work well. I had it set on full soft but I've now set it to medium and the car definatley has less understeer and I like being able to "Tune" the oversteer- Really entertaining set on fully stiff!

Toby

Normski

205toby-How does it affect the grip in the wet? On the different settings?

Hilgie

I have one too...works fine and it is worth the money...I made some modification on how it is fitted to the trailing arm though...I welded it.

engine killer

i am using 23mm arb but am interested in the Whiteline adjustable arb too. can anyone tell the difference between each setting of the adj. arb to original and 23mm? is the softest equal to the original? is the hardest same as 23 or 24mm?

thanks.

205toby

Still fine in the wet- no noticable oversteer if its driven half sensibly! You can definatley feel a difference between the settings- soft is much stiffer than the standard bar because this works in conjunction with the stock ARB- It's almost like having two!

Car handles soooo much better though, took 2 seconds of my lap times without any other mod! So much more drivable and it's simple to flick between understeer, oversteer or wherever you want it!

Toby

engine killer
Still fine in the wet- no noticable oversteer if its driven half sensibly! You can definatley feel a difference between the settings- soft is much stiffer than the standard bar because this works in conjunction with the stock ARB- It's almost like having two!

Car handles soooo much better though, took 2 seconds of my lap times without any other mod! So much more drivable and it's simple to flick between understeer, oversteer or wherever you want it!

Toby

Please forgive my stupid question, is Whiteline's ARB designed to use in conjunction with stock ARB? I though it was designed to work alone. :unsure:

bren_1.3

its used in conjunction with the stock ARB yes.

engine killer
its used in conjunction with the stock ARB yes.

It will be great then, under normal circumstances we change ARB we want it stiffer. with it dangling means it is same as before and we can try shifting the connection points to see the difference.

May I ask how many holes on each side?

Thanks!

superhero

Hi Guys.

Can someone tell me, are you getting these from whiteline direct, or has someone organised a group buy?

I thought i had seen a group buy a while ago, but for some reason, i can't access that area of the forum today, keep getting blank screens! :blush:

Thanks.

Nathan
May I ask how many holes on each side?

engine killer

thanks a lot. :lol:

cybernck

btw, what's the thing with all these rolleyes smileys? :lol:

Sign in to follow this