• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Leon C

Relocating Washer Bottle

Leon C

I looking at different induction/airbox designs to replace my current K&N 57i, which may ultimately mean relocating the bulky washer bottle to elsewhere in the car.

Has anyone moved it and where to?

Was thinking about maybe trying to use my redundant, smaller rear reservoir instead (been removed from the my car).

Pics would be a big help too! :lol:

Cheers, Leon.

sonofsam

At one stage in my conversion I looked into this.

Had got a 309 rear bottle from the breakers to use, Picture

It was either going to go further down behind the front suspension chassis(underneath expansion tank) or in the passenger side footwell.

I dont think the 205 rear one would be a good fit anywhere tbh, someone may well prove me wrong though :lol:

Edd-xs' has used a very clever idea of a alu water bottle /flask type thing, wich looks cool.

Sam.

Leon C

Yeah the rear reservoir from the 205 is a bit awkward, but its about the right capacity i'm after. That 309 one looks a lot more useable though - cheers for that. Somewhere around the expansion tank sounds a good idea too. I know I definately wont be butchering or drilling my pride and joy just to make it fit though! :lol:

sonofsam

IIRC also that 406's, XM's etc have a similar shaped bottle to the 309 one up in the front wheelarch.

Ryan

Use the rear one in it's original position and extend the hose to the front jets instead?

GLPoomobile

Common solutions are to move the standard bottle to the drivers side where the jack would sit, or under the scuttle panel if you don't have a vac sunroof (because it sits in place of the vacuum box). Or fitting the rear bottle somewhere around the bulkhead - cable tied to the brake lines or the strut brace are two solutions I've seen.

Or, you could run the wiring and tube back through the car so that your windscreen washers take the supply from the rear bottle in it's standard location.

paul205mi16

I was going to put it in the drivers side where the jack usualy sits, On my 205 there is two problems.

One being the mi16 wiring loom with the relays for the injection sit there (No probs if u have a 8V)

and Two...The captive nut that the jack screws into sits prowd of the suface making it a super tight fit, You could cut the nut out and weld a plate tho, It should fit fine with it removed...

chris 417 mi

i managed to get a washer fluid reservior off a fiat (very old one ) that can only be described as a bag ! had all the connectors etc and would sit snugly anywhere!

Cant remember what type of fiat it was now though, keep thinking stilo but thats too new :lol:

GLPoomobile

You can get bag style ones if you look in kit car magazines, and I know that Vehicle Wiring Products sell them too, as well as a universal washer bottle (just a square shape thing).

pee vee
you could run the wiring and tube back through the car so that your windscreen washers take the supply from the rear bottle in it's standard location.

exactly what im doing... as my air filter now sits where the bottle was.

16v engines dont really fit in 205s using standard injection! lol

M@tt

i relocated mine when i fitted my mi16 engine

i extended the plug wiring throught the trunking that goes round the bottom of the radiator. The relay box also fits in nice and snuggly as well (not the one in the pic i used a smaller one)

HPIM0925Medium.jpg

Edited by M@tt

Baz

I moved my std one up to under the scuttle panel, cut a hole in the grilly thing and the cap sits in a little recess just under the windscreen, pretty neat if i say so myself! :lol:

matty_gti

I wanted to do that but my sunroof vacuum thingy is there,lol

5150maxie

heres my latest mod.its a 309 gti rear washer bottle.all i did was put a longer bolt on the header tank and lengthened the wiring.

post-7245-1186704187_thumb.jpg

post-7245-1186704208_thumb.jpg

M_R_205

i took my bottle out when spraying the engine bay and havent got round to fitting it yet, i just use the free water at the petrol station lol, lazyness or what....

Edited by M_R_205

Jrod

Need a washer for the MOT though so not really an option to just leave it out. :)

Edited by Jrod

jackherer
Need a washer for the MOT though so not really an option to just leave it out. :)

I got stopped by a jobsworth traffic cop a few weeks back and he checked that my washers worked and were topped up so its not just for the mot...

Baz
I got stopped by a jobsworth traffic cop a few weeks back and he checked that my washers worked and were topped up so its not just for the mot...

He probably knows 205's then!! -The bloody washer systems are probably the most temperamental in my experience!! :)

jackherer
He probably knows 205's then!!

You're not wrong, amongst other things he checked my seat was secure by properly rocking it back and forth which thoroughly tested the welds I'd done on the front seat bracket (the one peugeot made out of baked bean cans) about two hours previously, before that my seat wasn't actually attached to the front rail anymore which he could have quite rightly issued me with a vehicle defect notice for. After that he checked my battery was secured and even though it was bolted down he was able to wrestle it out!

Baz
You're not wrong, amongst other things he checked my seat was secure by properly rocking it back and forth which thoroughly tested the welds I'd done on the front seat bracket (the one peugeot made out of baked bean cans) about two hours previously, before that my seat wasn't actually attached to the front rail anymore which he could have quite rightly issued me with a vehicle defect notice for. After that he checked my battery was secured and even though it was bolted down he was able to wrestle it out!

I know what you mean about the seat frames, done a few of those myself!! :) That's a bit OTT though! Wrestling the battery out, hardly a realistic test! :blush:

GLPoomobile

Sounds to me like he knew most of the 205 foibles and was determined to get you on one <_< I had an MOT failure due to the crappy seat subframes. I had to replace them and I swear there was barely any difference but then they passed it!

jackherer

He said something like "Thats the problem when you make all these changes to a car, its just not safe anymore" which made me pretty angry (and I think was probably intended to) but I just let him have his rant without showing how I felt.

GLPoomobile
He said something like "Thats the problem when you make all these changes to a car, its just not safe anymore" which made me pretty angry (and I think was probably intended to) but I just let him have his rant without showing how I felt.

f***ing ignorant little s*it!!

It really annoys me when people think that anyone who works on their own car can't possibly be doing the job as well as, or to the correct safety standards, as a 'proper' garage or dealership. And yet we all know that a lot of these places, including dealerships, often do shonkier work.

Sorry, this is way off topic now <_<

M_R_205
f***ing ignorant little s*it!!

It really annoys me when people think that anyone who works on their own car can't possibly be doing the job as well as, or to the correct safety standards, as a 'proper' garage or dealership. And yet we all know that a lot of these places, including dealerships, often do shonkier work.

Sorry, this is way off topic now ;)

i totaly agree!! the work i do on my car is perfect all the important bolts torqued up and a dab of tip ex so next time im there i can tel if its losend, anything that looks a bit dodgy replaced, anything a little rusty replaced and coverd in waxoil to stop it roting again, wouldnt get anything like that at a garge (well depending on the garage..) fair enough i have no washer bottle but thats on the to do list lol :) probaly relocating it somewhere along with the battery

in all honnesty our cars are probably in better condition than half the new cars driving about new being 2000 onwards lol

Edited by M_R_205

Sign in to follow this