• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
A2TheA

Central Locking Problem

A2TheA

i recently got my door locks 'popped' and who ever did it has ruined the surrounding metal work. i have managed to cover the gaping hole in the drivers side where the lock was. i still need to remove and repair the passenger door lock. my gti already has central locking on the drivers and passenger doors not the boot.

my problem,

i managed to get hold of a central lockinf kit for my 205, i wired it up and it was working, but the central locking system was not powerful enough to lock/unlock the doors. i was puzzled for a bit then it hit me. the diagram that came with the kit showed the wiring going to the cars locking motors...

my 205 being a phase 1 (1989) it does not have locking motors, they are actuators does it not?

does anybody know where and if i can get hold of a central locking kit i can wire in myself, i am intending to not have door locks to prevent the damage being done again.

so no door locks just a key fob for entry. i will be able to use my boot as emergency entry as it is not wired into the central locking of the car.

can anyone help me or point mt in the right direction?

Thanks

paul205mi16

Bringing up an old topic here, I also need to find a kit to remote'ly lock & unlock both doors and the boot as all three have been delocked..

I would like some sort of fail safe incase the battery goes flat and I cant gain access.

what is it that other people use?

M@tt

i have delocked all my doors and boot.

i've had the battery go flat on a few occasions and they only remedy is to lie on your back get your arm up under the engine and pull the cable on the underneath of the slam panel by hand to pop the bonnet.

You'll then need some jump leads from a working battery

Don't do what i did and put your jump leads in the boot which means you can't get to them :mellow:

paul205mi16
i have delocked all my doors and boot.

i've had the battery go flat on a few occasions and they only remedy is to lie on your back get your arm up under the engine and pull the cable on the underneath of the slam panel by hand to pop the bonnet.

You'll then need some jump leads from a working battery

Don't do what i did and put your jump leads in the boot which means you can't get to them :mellow:

Ha ha..

The only prob is i don't have any central locking to speak of at the moment, so will need a kit and who knows what I'll get from ebay.

Need to source one really, Any ideas where from and price?

Also with the boot delocked I'll need some sort of pop release.

thanks.

paul.

Edited by paul205mi16

M@tt

get the 4 door kit from maplins, it's what i've installed and works very well, the motors are nice and strong and quiet!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criter...7J&DOY=3m10

You will need some way of blipping them though to open/close ideally your car alarm/immobiliser should have the function built into it and all you do is connect the relevant wire from your alarm to the correct wire on the central locking kit.

In terms of the boot you will need to modify the boot lock somewhat and need to get a boot motor from a ford fiesta to be able to pop the boot.

have a search for some posts by me about delocking boot hopefully you should find the info you need.

paul205mi16

Cheers for the info matt..

Sounds like a fair bit of work, but I'm well used too it now.

i'll take a look through some other old post now m8.

Paul.

M@tt

correction you only need the 2 door version of the kit from maplins

you'll need to wire up a button for the boot, again i nicked one from a ford fiesta (bug eyed version mk4 iirc) you can use the existing wiring to the boot motor for the button to motor wiring (if you have it). I fitted the button in the coin tray in front of the gear stick, i also wired up the button via a relay so that it would only work when the engine was off that way i couldn't accidently hit the button and pop the boot opening when travelling!

I also wired it up to one of my alarm system outputs so i can hold one of the buttons on the fob down for 3 seconds and it pops the boot open that way as well, means you dont have to be in the car (handy for shopping etc :blush: )

i can knock up some wiring diagrams if you get stuck

M@tt

heres a link to one of my previous posts

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...303&hl=boot

also after re reading your first post if you havent already got a remote blipper for an alarm or anything you can get the kits off ebay as you mentioned which include a remote blipper. They all seem fairly similar so just go for one of those kits.

Edited by M@tt

paul205mi16

Very helpfull I must say!

Some good ideas to think about now m8.

Give it a week or so, and I will go about purchasing the bits I need, them wiring diagrams may come in handy-But I willl let u know dude.

Cheers again Matt!! :blush:

Paul.

Edited by paul205mi16

GLPoomobile

For anyone wanting to go fully delocked like M@tt, I have a suggestion for a failsafe. Don't know if it's OK, but think it should be........why not crimp a secondary length of +VE cable to the battery terminal that is long enough to hang down below the front valance? Put some insulating tape around the bare end, bundle it up and then tie it (cable tie, string, elastic band etc) behind the valance, perhaps to the back of the tow hook.

If your battery runs flat it should make things slightly easier because rather than M@tts suggestion of popping the bonnet from underneath, all you have to do is reach under the valance, release the +VE cable and attach it to a donor battery via a jump lead. You should then be able to unlock the doors with the remote.

However, this is no good if your 205 is rolling away down a steep hill at the time, eh M@tt? :blush: Sorry, but I can't resist it :lol:

Edited by GLPoomobile

Sign in to follow this