• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug205rally

Replacing Valve Springs

pug205rally

Hi,

Didn't want to hijack the other thread but I need to replace the springs on my 1.6 GTI running with Carbs -

Am looking to run up to 7500 rpm with new cam and carbs and see the most likely options either a stronger single

spring or double spring solution as the way forward.

I think the stronger single spring seems the most simple to set up and fine for upto 7500rpm but not sure - any advice appreciated

If the stronger single is the way forward any supplier / source recommendations

Thanks in advance

Anthony

I know that Pumaracing sell a set for reasonable money that are good for ~8200rpm - details are on his website here (at the bottom)

What cam are you running to still be making useable power at 7500rpm though, and have you done anything to the bottom end to make it safe at those kind of revs? Getting it balanced and some ARP bolts would probably be a wise investment if you haven't already done so...

pug205rally
I know that Pumaracing sell a set for reasonable money that are good for ~8200rpm - details are on his website here (at the bottom)

What cam are you running to still be making useable power at 7500rpm though, and have you done anything to the bottom end to make it safe at those kind of revs? Getting it balanced and some ARP bolts would probably be a wise investment if you haven't already done so...

Bottom end all balanced and flywheel lightened etc. Headwork been done to clean airflow and valves sorted. I suspect power is only really usable to about 7350 but in the lower gears sometimes am taking the car over this briefly hence wanting to avoid spring problems. This can be especially true when changing down prematurely as well - bad habit am trying to break.

The Cam is a new one off which I intend to have a play with to see how it performs. Car is limited to 7500

Sign in to follow this