• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Yet More Ms Questions

Richie-Van-GTi

has anyone installed a second VB921 onto a PCB3 ? I cant figure out the explanation of it on all the websitres Ive checked. Hoping someone can explain it a bit easier to me. Ive managed to build up everything else already but its untested as I didnt get megastim (Im a tight git) and Im awaiting a couple of missing bits.

SPGTi

This is explained well in the MSextra manual. Depending on whether you have a space on the heat sink bar, you can install it there, mount it directly on the case or I was told you could sort of double decker 2 heat sink bars and install it on there.

Steve

Richie-Van-GTi

well made a small heatsink to go the opposite side of the PCB, insulated it with 2 small squares of polythene and mounted the coil driver there with heat compound, then wired it as follows.

pin 1 to 330 resistor to end of R29

pin 2 to spr 4

wired direct across R43

piece of wire between pin 6 and spr 4

pin 3 to the end of the wire across R43

Im fairly confident this is correct, followed the steps on the ms extra site but left r37 and r38 as it doesnt state they must be removed.

SPGTi

Page 73/74 of MSextra Ignition hardware manual.

R37 and R38 can be left in

Have you removed R57 ?

I will admit I chickened out on the soldering and sent my unit to Bill Shurvington to sort out.

Steve

Richie-Van-GTi

57 wasnt installed as that was part of the idle control circuit IIRC which Im not going to be using. I just finished wiring up the main harness connector, just needs connecting to the car loom and everything will be ready for when tuning cable and the 2 missing parts arrive. Fingers crossed the cable comes tomorrow as bill is sending me the missing parts by special delivery to arrive tomorrow.

Just hope Ive installed everything correctly :D

madspikes

I would suggest that after you installl the new loom, you test the grounds and power connection on the d-37 with a multimeter before connecting it the MS, just to make sure, power is going to the right place.

I installed the second coil driver as per instruction, and built a double decker type heat sync and seems to work fine.

Mad.

Richie-Van-GTi

how do I test the power etc with a multimeter? the instructions all relate to using the megastim which I dont have.

Sign in to follow this