• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

My Blown Up Engine :(

B1ack_Mi16
took the valves out yesterday and lapped them back in and theyre fine (thanks james!) so looks like its time to take the piston out now :blush:

anyone got a good spare gti-6 piston for sale?? :)

Depends, I have 3 pistons/rods from the block that I built the 2.3 litre from, and that was apparently an XU10J4RS engine.

So if I can see a picture of how your pistons look I can see. But probably easier to find one in the UK though.

James_R

fingers crossed we get one soon, get it sorted for the next track date :)

returnofjim

Are u sure that its not just the lifters on that cylinder that have gone into hydraulic lock? I had a similar problem on an s16 engine recently lost all compression on cylinder no.1, take all the lifters out and drain them of oil using a vice to squeeze it out. If the lifters are in hydraulic lock then the valves wont fully shut giving you low or no compression.

Mattsav

Something has been sucked ito the cylinder to do the damage. Check the T/b's etc to see whats missing.

kate205gti

did a leak test on the head and not losing any so i think that ur diagnosis is correct matt

nothing obvious but the last engine did grenade the piston through the block so all i can think is that a bit of piston was caught under in the manifold in RTV or something and works itself loose :huh:

another piston coming this week hopefully (thanks rich! ;)) so fingers crossed it will go back together again soon :)

Batfink

were you running filters when on the rollers?

kate205gti

yup - always runs the filters and left them on for the rollers, thats why i think it may have been something lodged that just happened to unlodge itself at that specific time :huh:

Alastairh

Still doesn't mean a bit of crud couldn't of dropped down into the filters from being in the workshop when the filters were removed/fitted.

Sign in to follow this