• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveK

Dash Lights

DaveK

The lights on the dash are all working except:

Behind the rev counter/speedo etc (did a search and going to change the roller stat thing as i have a spare)

The dipped headlight and sidelight dont light either

The sidelights work, as do dipped beams and full beams. the dash full beam light works aswell

Are these most likely to be just the bulbs since its just the 2?

Also am i right in saying that if a guage is working wi will move up off the bump stop slightly?

Apologies for the million questions

Cheers, Dave

hengti

does sound as though you've got a few duff bulbs in the instrument cluster. the warning/lighting lamps have individual bulbs but the back lighting for the dials is cast around by numerous bulbs; i.e. it may be that there's only the one backlight bulb that has gone if you're missing light in one particular area of the dials (regardless of whether or not that missing light is affecting more than one dial)

not sure if that makes sense..

anyway, whip the instrument cluster out and try swapping the bulbs/holders around for those that still work to be sure it's not a connection problem. you can buy bags of bulbs from Pug - they're v cheap. not sure if you can get the holders though.

i'm guessing the gauge needles might move off their stops a little before starting the engine - although the fuel gauge should register before then IIRC

ed. sp

Edited by hengti

DaveK

ive got another set of clocks i can try aswell, cheers!

Sign in to follow this