• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

Rear Valance Repair?

CTI STU

Ive got the chance of a cheap (£20 inc postage) rear valance but it has a crack in it, Is it a good buy and can it be repaired??

post-9073-1185215937_thumb.jpg

post-9073-1185215923_thumb.jpg

Please help

Thanks Stuart

GLPoomobile

It's an easy repair but I don't think £20 delivered for a badly damaged valance is a good deal ;)

Just stick a load fibreglass filler behind it, then some light filler in the crack on the front, smooth it over and paint it.

CTI STU
It's an easy repair but I don't think £20 delivered for a badly damaged valance is a good deal ;)

Just stick a load fibreglass filler behind it, then some light filler in the crack on the front, smooth it over and paint it.

I might give it a miss then

Paintguy

I'd agree. It's certainly repairable, but surely you can find a decent one for that price.

fencer

i might be mistaking but by any chance is that valance form ebay9(pugparts205)? or from a guy kalled Gavin Styles? I can recognize the floor! lol! anyway if it is so, you might want to know that he's a bummer, he's even banned from this forum http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=20118

GLPoomobile
you might want to know that he's a bummer

That's such a quality statement :blink:

Peetypug

im sure theres a lot better ones available

my last 205 XS had the same rear valance as the gti (dont know if it was replaced) get down the scrappy and see whats there

wildejon

I've bought from that guy on ebay. It was a rear valance too, wasn't in the condition stated. It's gonna cost me £60 to get it re-srpayed now!

CTI STU

Got one off 'bennett418' from this site

Should be on my car by monday night ;)

djinuk

to be honest coming from a bodywork background repairing a plastic bumper with filler and fiberglass is a big no no, it would be far far to weak and would crack very easily as plastic has flex and fiberglass and filler don't, so therefore really wouldn't bother.

GLPoomobile
to be honest coming from a bodywork background repairing a plastic bumper with filler and fiberglass is a big no no, it would be far far to weak and would crack very easily as plastic has flex and fiberglass and filler don't, so therefore really wouldn't bother.

Yes, but unless you are s*it at parking and hence bouncing the valences off of kerbs all the time then flex shouldn't be an issue.

I used the above method to repair the front valance on my first GTI and it was fine up until the point I got rid of the car. So that was about 2 years worth of use and no sign of cracking.

Sign in to follow this