• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zowow

Phase 2 Dash/heater Assembly Into Phase One..

zowow

My phase one heater/blower is knackered and the wiring is a total mess, so i figure i may as well set to getting a phase 2 dash in there (half the bits are missing anyway)

how hard will this be to do, and what wiring will i have to change. Can you foresee any problems with attempting this?

Thanks.

gti_al

I've done this. It isn't a small job, but nothing is too hard.

You need everything from a P1.5/2, including steering column (i used the later column anyway - can't remember why), heater box and maybe the centre mount if you want to do it properly.

Start off by stripping everything out, and you get confronted by this. The wiring is a fraction short in places, but i made it work... the rear demister/hazard switches etc need rewiring, which i am still yet to finish. Otherwise everything basically goes back together the way it came out, but looks much better.

If you want more details just ask, but i would give yourself a weekend to get it right.

zowow

can't be anyworse than it is atm

i figured that as i need a new blower unit, lower dash and glovebox, it would be easier to stick in a phase 2 dash :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this