• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

Erratic Central Locking

lagonda

Had a search but no real success. My c/l works fine for a few weeks, rests for a few weeks & so it goes on. I got the impression it was happier to work after long journeys, meaning battery more charged up, but now that doesn't seem to affect it.

Any suggestions?

Is there a relay for this on the fusebox, if so, which is it? I've only seen reference to one for later cars with remote c/l.

lagonda

Any ideas, anyone?!

Mikey S
Any ideas, anyone?!

i have the same sort of problem with mine. i have put it down to water getting between the glass and the trim where it runs down onto the motor itself. it maybe worth getting some new rubbers for it and try it then.

hth

mike

Kriss

same with mine aswell. I took it too be the solenoids were playing and need a good spraying of wd40.

welshpug

grease the solenoid motors and the lock mechanisms (not the barrel, these hardly ever play up)

rossi

I've got a locking problem also. My central locking works most of the time. As of yesteday it was fine... unlocked the car from drivers door (pass door de-locked), the boot opened fine, but the pass door stayed locked :lol: and it still is. I can't open the pass door now, what could be the prob??

lagonda

I recently overtightened the wing nut for the battery earth terminal & stripped its thread. I know it's plastic but thought it would have a proper metal threaded insert! Peugeot really go out of their way to save those micro-pence. To those who might say it's plastic so it fails before you overtighten it, I would say ... & how do you start the bloody thing then?!

Fortunately I was able to lever the retaing lugs & replace the plastic with an old exhaust manifold nut.

Where's this going, you're asking!

Well, central locking has been behaving ever since, which then harks back to my original feeling that it was very susceptible to state of charge/ voltage difference, strangely not impacting on the way the car starts.

This makes me think I need to check out the earth contact, so can any-one ket me know where to find the c/l earth terminal for a late '89 CTi?

Rossi ... it can only be your passenger door actuator or the wiring to it. You can still unlock/lock with the key or the internal door lock button.

Sign in to follow this