• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
s16 Peggy

S16 Engine - What Should I Do Next?

Miles

The only thing I find with the V6 in the 406 that is, The temp's get high very quickly, Yes it hasn;t got a oil cooler fitted but half a lap of the Ring of 6 laps of Combe and it's all too hot

But I have thought about this myself too

Hilgie, I forgot about your's ;)

VisaGTi16v

Isnt the base engine 195kg or something, 60 odd more than a ally Mi16 before you think of the gearbox? Would love the sound and torque of one though and agree you can move a lot of the weight backwards to compensate

s16 Peggy

I love the V6 sound :ph34r::lol::)

I used to have a 406 V6 about 2 years ago, it was a fantastic car and quite quick for its size. I just wish I had held onto it now.....

s16 Peggy

Thought I would update the thread a bit.

Since the last post I have bought a Group A head, so I am going to follow the S16 engine route. I just need to sort out in my head now which cams will be the best for the car and research vernier pully's

Livelee
So by fitting the Mi1.9 crank, does that increase the capacity? Sounds like an interesting option.

Yes it does, 2070cc. Miles has just built my engine and i'm using a stage 2 inlet from petert. I should be up and running in less than a month. Oh i'm also going to use a VEMS ECU.

Doof

Its actually only 2044cc I believe. Still any increase can only be a good thing.

Livelee
Its actually only 2044cc I believe. Still any increase can only be a good thing.

I've no idea. Just going by what Miles said. What ever it is it's more than the 1.9 and 2.0 I had before. :-)

Edited by Livelee

Sign in to follow this