• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveK

Removing Body Decals

DaveK

looking at buying a 205 that has been track prepped but it has advertising decals over it

how are they removed? is it easy enough?

Cheers, Dave

28CRAIG

Should be easy enough just use a hot air gun but the paint could be faded if been on for a while.

Baz

Hot air gun helps, clean up with panel wipe or similar to remove gluey substances then polish. :blush:

It's pretty easy, some more so than others depending on type of adhesives, and how it was applied, and even down to whether the paint was clean/polished before they were applied.

I do quite a few, doing a Skyline atm, has massive great stickers up it! :P

Edited by BazGTMi

SamGTi

An air gun helps but I have removed decals in the past with my girlfriends hairdryer. All you need to do is melt the glue then polish it off afterwards

Paintguy
It's pretty easy, some more so than others depending on type of adhesives, and how it was applied, and even down to whether the paint was clean/polished before they were applied.

Couldn't have put it better myself :)

Experiment with the amount of heat applied as you remove them - too little and the vinyl can be brittle and break off in little pieces. Too much and you'll leave all the glue behind on the panel.

Arahan

Is it Laser green by any chance??

Edited by Arahan

Sign in to follow this