• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jode_0210

1.9 Mi16 Head On 2.0 Mi16 Cast Iron Block

Guest jode_0210

In the process of dropping an Mi16 into my 1.6 GTI. I have a 1.9 Mi16 (ally block) in pieces, and a complete 2.0 cast iron eninge ready assembled. What i am wondering is, is it posible to put the 1.9 head on the 2.0 bottom end? I need the 1.9 head for dizzy conversion, but cant use the 1.9 bottom end because I need bearings and piston rings, which I cant afford! Have searched through posts and can't seem to find anybody who has done it, so made me think it wasnt posible. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Baz

It has been done, a good few times! A search should have uncovered a good few posts about it.

It's pretty much all mix and match-able. ;)

Richie-Van-GTi

just use the 2.0 timing belt, head bolts and head gasket with 1.9 cams and pulleys ;)

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

Guest jode_0210

Thanks for the comments. I'v also got a set of piper cams to put into it aswel. can't wait to get her on the road now!

B1ack_Mi16
Thanks for the comments. I'v also got a set of piper cams to put into it aswel. can't wait to get her on the road now!

You need a different bolt above the waterpump, ideally a 8v bolt with a turned down head so it can go into the Mi16 head.

I just used all 10 of the XU10J2 8v headbolts, turned the heads down approx 1-2mm (don't remember exactly hos much) in diameter in a lathe.

Used 1.9 Mi16 headbolt-washers/spacers on 9 bolts, on the one above waterpump I just used a S16 headbolt washer which is just a few mm thick.

That's it.

You can also use 9 S16 headbolts with S16 washers, and the 10'th bolt over waterpump still need to be a XU10 8v bolt with turned down head and S16 headbolt washer.

Sign in to follow this