• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

205 Gti Subframe....

pugbliss

Hi,

Now this is just a thought and im only planning this as a last resort as i have a spare one kicking around somehwere.

My exhaust keeps hitting it when i set off in 1st and change to 2nd and 3rd, now i thought it was the engine mount so i replaced this alone with the fork and bush which ataches it to the subframe but it is still hitting it!!!!!!!!!

Im going to see if i can lift the engine any other way in the engine bay as all i can think of now is either the top right mount or somehow the exhaust has got longer???????? ive no idea how so pls dont ask. if this dosnt work ................

What would hapen if anything if i cut the bar on the rear of the subframe that it is hitting and rewelded a bar under the hold to replace it to give the extra clearence the exhaust needs???? ( as i say i do have a spare one and this is a total last esort.

the subframe isnt bent and i havent hit anything is just got progresivly worse over say about 5 months.

i drive alot say about 60miles eachway to work so i guess you can say it is ware and tare and age on the car but it is now doing my head in....

all help appriciated

joe

Richie-Van-GTi

pugbliss, use a top mount from a 306 TD, it sits a tad higher and may cure the issue. Downside is engine at slight angle but it should cause any great drama's. I'll check garage later for you as I am sure I still have an unused one in there somewhere and I can compare it to my gti mount to get an exact difference for you :D

pugbliss

Cheers Richie, i appriciate it.

Peetypug

change the other 2 mounts and see what thats like.

mine was banging under hard acceleration and couldnt find why

i took the engine out last week...... the top mount near the cambelt was fooked!

the pin had sheared from the top of the rubber.

so was effectively floating/slidding around

C_W

If the down pipe is a sleeve joint, usually pushing it in the middle box more will raise the downpipe up as it pulls it back.

Sign in to follow this