• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Baz

What's This Pipe?

Baz

I did a silly thing and pushed the o/s wheel arch s*it guard in a little more to be sure it didn't catch the wheel/tyre as my 205 goes in for Mot...

Only problem is, i'd subsequently pushed the water pipe into the aux belt :D and it's worn through it! It has a full rubber hose on it from dist. block to rad, as i've seen before on 405's etc, but it has a take off for the oil cooler/heater!

I've managed to sort it for now with a quick fix, but what is this pipe from, where can i get one from and how much?

DSC00019-1.jpg

Any ideas?

Cheers

Richie-Van-GTi

pug 306 XU engines with oil cooler, apart from the TD as that feeds from the rad top hose.

jackherer

If it was on an XU9J4 its probably a BX 16V pipe, they are silly money from Citroen. The BX TD one is similar and can be used apparently.

Baz

Ah right thanks. Yes, it's from an Xu9J4. :D

All, well, most of the 306/ZX ones i've seen recently have been the ones that have the special plastic clippy things on the ends to locate rather than using a simple jubilee...

I've just blocked it for now, and am running a 405 type one without the take-off, but obviously i want to get it sorted!

Edited by BazGTMi

Richie-Van-GTi

can you not get a T piece for the standard hose for the take off?

Baz

erm, no idea tbh...

Not even sure where to look for one, i would imagine after hunting one down with the right OD's etc then i may aswell have just saved time and money and got a new one from Citroen at an extortionate price... perhaps!

So it's a BX16v pipe, there's nothing the same? Did any early ZX/306/or even 405's run an oil heater/cooler thingy with the same take off?

I want to leave it as it was really, as it seems to work quite well for a road car, but i'm a bit stumped, short of ripping the whole thing out, but as i say, i do think they help a little.

:D

sonofsam

I tryed hunting one of those hoses down for my turbo conversion,

Didnt bother with main stealer though as I knew it would be extortionate. :blush:

This is what I came up with in the end :

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...¤t=DSC00145.jpg

What was your quick fix, cut out burst section and insert copper pipe and jubille clip together? :D

Jrod
What was your quick fix, cut out burst section and insert copper pipe and jubille clip together? :blush:

That's not a quick fix, that's a permanent repair! :D:blush:

sonofsam

:D:blush::blush:

BTW copper reducer T-pieces are available very cheaply @ plumb centres etc.

Got a few still in the garage I think, 28mm ish at both ends and about 12mm for the single outlet.

May do the trick?!

Baz
What was your quick fix, cut out burst section and insert copper pipe and jubille clip together? :D

Nooo! :blush:

Just used a similar pipe without the take off, and blocked the take off from the cooler... :blush:

Baz

Gotta get this sorted now as i want to use the car more often! I tried to ring the Citroen dealers today but they're feckin useless!! :)

This is what I came up with in the end :

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...¤t=DSC00145.jpg

- Your link's not working Sam, what did u do then?

Thought about doing it the way the 306 diesels do, a long pipe from one of the take offs from the rear distribution block to feed the cooler and carry on using a normal lower pipe for the Rad feed. Could work?

Edited by BazGTMi

sonofsam

DSC00145.jpg

Welded/brazed union onto the metal water pipe :D

More details in my project thread :)

Miles

Why not use the 205 remote filter set up, Quite like that one as the filter's ever so easy to change in front of the box, Failing that a 309 GTi top Rad hose may fit the bill, It's got both pipes running from it

Baz
DSC00145.jpg

Welded/brazed union onto the metal water pipe :P

More details in my project thread :lol:

Ah right, easy enough then, worth the consideration. Cheers.

Why not use the 205 remote filter set up, Quite like that one as the filter's ever so easy to change in front of the box, Failing that a 309 GTi top Rad hose may fit the bill, It's got both pipes running from it

Good idea, but i don't have either to hand! :wub:

welshpug

If you use the Mi16 water distribution block on the back of the block (off the 2.0 for certain, unsure about the 1.9) theres a small diameter hose that goes to radiator alongside the larger one, dont know why as it follows the same route!!

Sign in to follow this